Chapter 68

Laura's POV

I look at the menu trying to distract myself by what just happened. Alyssa-our waitress- had winked at Harry after completely ignoring me. I knew she was pretty when she came up, from her blonde hair to her very blue eyes. She wore shorts as her uniform, probably due to the warm climate but they were so short I could see her ass poking out. I frown as jealousy courses through me. I never felt this way but Harry was a really attractive man that grabbed everyone's attention. I mean as we were walking in all they did was stare at him. Even now when I look around I see a couple of wandering eyes.

I let out a deep breath before looking out the window. The outside deck was just as busy as inside. The ocean looked steady as it wasn't too windy today.

It wasn't long before she was returning with our waters and pulling out her tab again.

"Are y'all ready? Or did you need more time"

She asked in a sweet voice that make me Sick.

"We're ready I think"

Harry says looking over at me for approval, I nod my head as she smiled at him brightly.

Of course, she wanted his order first...

"I'll just have the grilled salmon with a house salad"

He says and I see her write it down before looking at me. The brightness in her eyes dissipated and I feel my heart drop.

"I'll get just a house salad"

I say moving my eyes to Harry's who looked at the waitress. Harry grabs my menu and hands it to Alyssa.

"All right I'll get that ready for you!"

She says in the perky tone that I hated.

"Thank you love"

I hear Harry reply and my heart sinks. I know he probably only meant to be nice and always used the word 'love' when talking to people but now that we were together I haven't heard him say it at all to anyone else.

I really hated myself for feeling this way but I also had every right too, I mean he did almost get married to another girl.

I pinch my brows together before staying silent, I couldn't bring myself to have small talk as my chest tightened.

"This place is great, I always used to come here as a kid"

Harry says and I nod my head giving him a small forced smile. I play with my hands as I avoid looking anywhere near his face because if I did I knew I would be even more hurt.

"Oh yeah?"

I say trying to sound interested but I was hardly.

"Yeah I would come here to try and find a date, most of the waitresses were young so it wasn't to hard"

I had to mentally roll my eyes at that one, now he was just being annoying. He never talked about stuff like this with me.

"Figures"

I mumble under my breath and he chuckles before placing his hand on top of mine. I would normally feel tingly and joyous but my heart was pumping with anger. I hated that even though I felt annoyed he still made my body shiver to his touch.

"Come on love why the sour face?"

He teased and I place my head down on the table before pinching his hand.

"Oh nothing"

I say sarcastically before closing my eyes. The sounds of people's conversations fill my ears as I focus on anything but Harry. I felt his hand stroking my hair but I ignore it.