Chapter 18

6 months later ...

Laura's POV 

Its been 6 months since i left the hospital and i returned to my normal lifestyle. When i returned to the cafe Eleanor cried and said she tried to find me but nobody was helping her. She was relieved i was okay but was in shock when i told her i have CHF. The first couple months she told me to take it easy and she even offered vacation time. 

Of course i denied and said i was fine. She had completely changed all the workers and we had three new hires, Liam a barista, Louis the head chef, and Niall register/barista. 

we all got along quickly considering we were similar ages and life was great, that is until my CHF considerably had gotten worse. 

I couldn't work all day shifts anymore and i felt sick pretty much most days.

I have kept in touch with Sarah texting her every now and then she would sometimes come to the cafe before work and get a coffee. She would flirt with Niall and Liam and tease me about being lucky for working with such hot men. 

We had a tradition of going out to dinner with each other every Friday night and sometimes Sarah would join if she wasn't working. 

I felt at home with these people and it was such a cruel world for my CHF to get worse as my life was getting presumably better.

Harry's POV  

I sighed as i pulled into the parking lot to the grocery store. It was my day off and i needed to restock my very empty fridge. 

I made my way in and grabbed a basket. i browsed the isles for what i needed such as milk, eggs, fruit, etc. 

I was finishing up in the wine isle when i hear someone in the next isle cough roughly. I flinch realizing i was in a daze. Must be the common cold going around. 

i make my way into the checkout line putting my basket on top. I was greeted by the lady at the cash register and she began to ring up my items. before she could finish i hear the same coughing again except this time it was more rough. The thing really start to get hectic.

"Ma'm are you okay?"

"oh my gosh she is coughing up blood"

"Oh my gosh is she okay?"

I hear everyone around me whisper 

a couple of gasps fill the grocery store and i hear someone shout 

"Is anyone a doctor?! we need some help!"

I immediately abandon my grocery's and rush to where the commotion was there was a small crowd surrounding someone hunches over i see blood droplets splattered around the floor. 

"i'm a doctor" 

i say and everyone moves out of the way for me to get to the person when i see who it is i cant believe my eyes. 

"Oh my gosh Laura!"

i yell and crouch down to her level she looks at me in shock and i see her pale skin and dark circles more prominently she had a trickle of blood running from her mouth. 

"What happened?"

i ask no one in particular even though i didn't take my eyes off her.

"she just suddenly starts coughing up blood and then she almost fainted"