Chapter 85

Surprise! I thought I would do a double update mainly because... well you'll see at the end.:)

Laura's POV

"Well what a surprise"

The last person I was expecting to see was her... I thought she would never show her face again.

"W-what are you doing here?"

I ask in surprise trying to hide my shock but her face turned into one of shock herself to annoyance.

"Always so curious about my life aren't you? Didn't you know? Harry invited me... maybe you really weren't good enough sweetie."

The venom in her voice makes my throat close. I couldn't breathe as another familiar old man came up from behind her.

"Who is this?"

He asked curiously as if he didn't know me at all"

"This is the slut who took my fiancé"

She reply's with no emotion in her voice as she stares deep into my soul. My heart was beating so fast I felt like I was going to have a heart attack.

I was so stunned I couldn't even form words.

The old man's demeanor changes and he looks absolutely furious.

"You're the one who caused all this mess?! Do you even realize how much money I've lost!"

He screams in my face. The fact that he mainly cared about his money in this matter made my own blood boil. Everyone around us was staring now and I wanted to crawl away and die.

I never liked confrontation, I hated how utterly small I felt in this moment. The people around us whispering about shit they don't even know.

"Oh my god, what's going on?"

"Who even is that girl?"

"Harry really left someone for her?"

My mind was shutting down and panic was settling. Any moment I was going to have a breakdown.

"Have nothing to say for yourself? Quite pathetic aren't you! You're nothing but a lowly waitress. You'll never amount to anything!"

Taylor seethes and tears fill my eyes as I let them completely take over me. Every thought and insecurity was showing itself. I felt useless against my own head and body.

Hands trembling with fear and it took my whole strength not to collapse.

"Your alone"

"Pathetic"

"Weak"

"Ugly"

"Slut"

"Nobody"

My thoughts were as clear as day as I stare into angry blue eyes that changed from angry to amused.

"I'll give you whatever amount of money to leave him. Name your price... I want you to disappear."

Taylor's father offers and my whole world stops

He was going to pay me to leave?

What kind of human being does something like that?