Chapter 28 - Boyd

Erica and I walked into the cafeteria the next day for lunch. Nothing much had happened all morning. She and I basically just got to know each other. When we sat down I noticed her looking at something. When I turned around I saw that it was Boyd.

“Do you think we should talk to him now?” she asked.

“No, I think wait till the bell rings. That way Scott and Stiles won’t notice with everyone running to their lockers.”

“Do you think he’ll say yes?”

“I don’t see why...”

As soon as I smelt Scott come into the room I stopped talking. Erica picked up on my hesitation and I simply just nodded in Scott’s direction. We were silent for the rest of morning tea. When the bell rang and everyone started to get up, rather noisily, I whispered to Erica to send Derek a text that I would meet him in the car park with Boyd in 5 minutes. I guessed he wouldn’t be too far away knowing him.

I quickly caught up to Boyd and pulled him to the side.

“Can I help you?” he asked a little confused.

“I think you better follow me.”

“Why?”

“Because I think I know something that you may be interested in.”

“And if I’m not?”

“Then I’ll give you a hundred bucks.”

2 minutes later we were out in the car park and Derek was pulling up in front of us. Derek looked at Boyd and then at me.

“You want me to go back inside don’t you,” I said it as a statement.

His reply was just a blank stare which I took for a yes. The rest of the day went pretty slowly. English, Maths and Biology weren’t exactly my favourite subjects, but after school I caught onto a conversation Scott and Stiles were having.

“I’m going to go to the ice rink and see if he’s there and if he’s not at home, you call me. Got it?” Scott said. “What?”

“Maybe we should let him. It’s Boyd you know. Anna said Derek is giving them a choice, right?”

“No we can’t.”

“You’ve got to admit Erica looks pretty good. The word sensational comes to mind.”

“H-how do you think she’s gunna look with a wolfs-bane bullet in her head?”

“Alright, all I’m saying is that this one isn’t totally your responsibility.”

“They all are. You know this thing is gunna get out of control and that makes me responsible.”

“You ready?” Erica’s voice broke my concentration.

“What? Oh right yeah I’m ready.” I said grabbing my bag and chucking it over my shoulder. Once we were in my car and driving off I rang Derek.

“Hey it’s me. Scott and Stiles know about Boyd. Scott is going to the rink and Stiles is going to his house.”

“Alright well drop Erica off at his house to wait for Stiles and you come to the rink.” And with that he hung up.

Well someone is in a good mood. I thought.

“Okay, so…”

“Yeah I heard.” Erica said before I could continue.

Once we were at his place and she was getting out of the car I quickly added before she closed the door. “Hey Erica?”

“Yeah?”

“When Stiles shows up can you not hurt him? Please?”

“I’ll try.” She said with a smile and closed the door.

Great.