Chapter 35 - Matt

I don’t know how long I was unconscious for, but I woke up to Scott crouching over me.

“Anna, can you hear me?”

“Scott?” I said, starting to sit up

“No, stay down. Your head’s bleeding.”

“Says the guy who walked 30 seconds after he snapped the bone in his leg in two pieces. What happened?”

“You were thrown against a wall at a thousand miles an hour.” Stiles jumped in. He was standing a few metres away and looked exhausted.

Derek, who was holding himself up with a diving block, slowly began to stand and walk over to me. He held out his hand and I grabbed it and stood up.

“Erica went to get the car. We should go.”

“Good.” I said rubbing the back of my head, which had now healed, but left a hell of a headache. The blood had also gone then I remembered something… Matt. “How long have I been out?”

“About five minutes.” Stiles said.

“Damn it, I have to go.”

“What?” Scott said.

“Matt is waiting for me and I don’t really want him hating me.”

“You have got to be kidding.” This time it was Derek.

“I might be able to get something out of him about Jackson and the video.” I said smiling.

“Fine, go. But go straight home. Just because you’re a beta doesn’t make you invincible. I’ll drop your car off later.”

“Thank-you.” I said and walked to the car park. On my way I ran into Erica.

“Hey, how are you?” I asked.

“I’m fine, all healed. Matt’s waiting for you by the way, but I covered for you and said you ran into Stiles on your way to the car park and would be there soon.”

“You’re a lifesaver, thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I always thought you guys were cute together.” She smiled and walked off before I could say anything.

I found Matt standing next to his car. “Sorry,” I said.

“It’s fine. I’m in no rush. Come on.” He opened the door for me and I got in. On the drive to my place something came to me.

“Hey, what were you doing at the pool?”

“Oh, I ah was taking some photos in sport the other day of the swim team and I left my spare memory card in the locker room.”

“Photos for year book?”

“Maybe, I have to show them to the committee first.”

“Well you’re a great photographer so I’m sure they’ll love them.”

“Thank-you.” He said with a huge grin.

“Hey I didn’t know you and Jackson were friends by the way.”

“We aren’t”

“I saw you talking to him and Danny before the game.”

“Oh that, Jackson borrowed my camera the other night and just had some questions.”

“Why would Jackson want a camera?”

“I have no idea and I don’t think I want to know.”

I laughed, “Good point.” I wasn’t going to get anything out of Matt, he didn’t know anything.

“Here we are.” He said pulling up outside my house.

“Thanks for the ride.”

“No problem, I’ll see you at school.”

“Sure will, bye.” I said getting out of the car and closing the door.

Mum’s car wasn’t in the drive way which was weird because she wasn’t working. I’d sent her I text earlier saying I was going to the game and she more than likely didn’t remember what had happened last night judging on the fact that she was completely smashed or at least I hoped she didn’t. I didn’t know where she was, but when I walked inside and saw the two empty red wine bottles I started to get really nervous. After about 15 minutes I got really worried, than another 15 minutes past and I started to panic. I had rung her phone at least 12 times and every time I never got an answer. It went straight to voice mail. Another 10 minutes past and I finally heard car tyres in the drive way. Running out the door I wasn’t met by my mum. It was the sheriff.

“Mr. Stilinski?”

“Anna, there has been an accident.” His voice was shaking.