Chapter 39 - Dad?

“Dad?” I said stunned.

“Hi sweetie.” He said with a smile.

I stood there for a few more minutes, stunned, until finally I ran into his arms and burst out into tears. I must have been like that for at least five minutes. We were at the station for about an hour because my dad had to sign a few things. Because the restraining order had nothing to do with me and my mum never actually filed for full custody there was nothing wrong with my dad looking after me so with a few documents signed there was no need for a court room and no need to move. My dad had been living in a tiny apartment with his dog, Buster, so he was more than happy to move back into the house. So was Buster.

Dad and I spent the day catching up on everything, which turned out to be not much. He worked on a farm for a year because the restraining order prevented him from getting back into the police force. However, now he was back in Beacon Hills and Sheriff Stilinksi had again pulled some strings and managed to get him his old job back. Well, almost his old job. He was on traffic patrol, but with a few months hard work he should become a deputy again. Then of course there wasn’t much I could tell him about my being a beta so nothing to tell there, but it was nice just talking. We had Dinner early as he was tired from the long drive from his apartment then went to bed. Or at least dad went to bed, I got a text from Derek.

Lydia’s the Kanima. She’s on her way to Scott’s house now. Meet us there. –Derek

Great, I finally get my best friends back only to have to do something that will more than likely make them hate me again.

I snuck out of the house, got into my car and drove to Scott’s. By the time I got there the rest of the pack were already standing out the front.

“Okay, please tell me we aren’t going to gang up and kill Lydia.” I said as I got out.

“We don’t have a choice.” Said Derek.

“Who else is in the house?”

“Jackson, Stiles, and Allison.”

Stiles? Oh god. “Well what’s the plan?”

“Isaac and Erica, go around the back and bring Lydia out to me.” With that, Erica and Isaac walked around the back of the house.

We stood there waiting until we heard a growl from inside and then a few minutes later Isaac was thrown out the door unconscious shortly followed by a paralysed Erica. Scott, Allison and Stiles came out the front door and stood in front of us.

“I think I’m finally getting why you keep refusing me Scott. You’re not an Omega, you’re already an Alpha of your own pack,” Derek said and then smiled, “but you know you can’t beat me.”

“I can hold you off until the cops get here.” Scott said and Derek’s smile vanished.

Almost instantly the sound of sirens were heard in the distance, followed by a horrible hissing noise which came from the Kanima on the roof of Scott’s house. Scott, Allison and Stiles jumped down the stairs and out on the lawn a few feet away from the pack. Everyone looked up onto the roof and saw its horrible slit eyes and scaly skin just before it took off.

Derek looked down at Isaac and Erica then at Boyd. “Get them out of here.” He said through gritted teeth.

Lydia came storming out the front door. “Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on!” she yelled at all of us.

I couldn’t read the expression on Derek’s face, but he didn’t look happy. Boyd pulled Erica and Isaac into the back of Derek’s car as Alison drove off with Lydia while Stiles and Scott went inside.

“Do you need a place to stay tonight?” Derek asked me once Boyd had put Isaac and Erica into the back of his car and gotten in the passenger’s seat.

“No, Sheriff Stilinski contacted my dad, he’s back in town.”

“Alright, and you got the week off?” Derek said, not really surprised at all.

“Yes I did.”

“Meet me at the station tomorrow then. You need to practise control before the full moon.”

“Okay.” And with that Derek got in his car and drove off and I got in mine and drove off in the other direction.