Chapter 6 - The Bite

Stiles drove me back to my house. The whole trip back home he was dead silent which is odd because Stiles always has something to say. When we pulled up out the front I didn’t move straight away, I just sat there looking at my house through the car window.

“You know you can stay at my place again if you want,” he said reading my mind as usual.

“No, it’s okay. Mum’s working late tonight. She won’t be back until at least twelve and will probably go straight to bed and I kind of just want to be alone, I think. You know… clear my head.” I lied.

“Yeah I don’t blame you. It’s a lot to take in in one night. I’ll see you on Monday.”

“Okay, see you.” I said closing the door of his jeep and walking up the path.

I waited until Stiles was out of sight before getting into my car and driving back towards the Hale mansion. I had no idea what I was doing or thinking, but my life had fallen apart in the past year. My parents had split and I hadn’t seen my dad since and the divorce had driven my mum into becoming an alcoholic… more than she already was anyway. I had lost all my friends except Scott and Stiles, but then they became distant. I now knew why, but it didn’t change anything. I still felt alone and maybe, just maybe, Derek could give me the escape I had been looking for.

“Derek!” I yelled hoping that he would hear me. “Derek, are you here?”

“What can I do for you?” he said from behind me making me jump. I didn’t know how to explain so I thought I would get straight to the point.

“I want the bite.” He just looked at me for a few seconds, but it felt like eternity.

“You’re Anna aren’t you, Anna Fields?”

“Yes... How do you know that?”

“I know a lot more than you think. Having good hearing I tend to hear a lot in this town.”

“You mean you spy on people.”

“Not intentionally. Why do you want the bite?” He asked a little confused.

“I want an escape.” I said not wanting to elaborate on the matter.

“From what? Your family? Your life?” Either he really did know a lot or had extremely good instincts, I’m guessing both.

“I want a new life – to start again.” I said looking him in the eye.

He didn’t say anything. He just smiled. Then his eyes changed to red and his teeth grew. Derek lunged forward and then there was a blinding pain in my side, then everything went black.