Chapter 41 - The Medieval Chains... Again

Nothing much happened after that. I went home, waited for my dad to finish work, we had dinner, and I had a nice chat to Matt on the phone than I cried myself to sleep again.

Isaac, Erica and I all met up with Derek at the station the next morning.

“So why do we need their help?” asked Isaac.

“Because it’s harder to kill then I thought and I still don’t know who it is,” Derek said. We were walking through the train following him.

“And they do?” asked Isaac.

“They might.” Derek said, stopping at a big metal box which I unfortunately recognised. “Which is why I need one of you to get on their good side.”

“Hmm, Scott or Stiles?” Erica asked, walking up beside Derek.

“Either.”

“Why can’t Anna do it? She’s best friends with them.” Said Isaac.

“Because they’re talking to me again now, but not about this and Stiles refuses to even bring me homework to catch up on because he thinks it’s too much stress. I can talk to them, but it’s going to take a long time. Time that we don’t have and I’m not going to be at school for the rest of the week.”

“You know the full moon is coming Derek.” Isaac said.

“I’m aware of that.” He said like Isaac was an idiot then opened the box and took out all the chains and head pieces. Things I hoped I would never see again.

“These look comfortable.” Erica said picking them up. “Do we wear this like a collar?”

“It goes around your head. Derek, I thought you were going to find something else. I broke out of these last time.”

“I didn’t have time and it’s been a month so you should have more control then you did last full moon.”

“I think yesterday says I don’t and it’s Erica and Boyd’s first full moon.”

“And the head pieces are for you and Erica. Isaac and Boyd are male so they won’t be able to take as much pain and won’t be as strong.”

“And these bolts go where?” asked Erica which got no reply from Derek and when she look at me I just gave her a week smile.

“You said you were going to teach us to change whenever we wanted.” Isaac said.

“There hasn’t been time.”

“But if you’re going to have to lock us up during the full moon then that means you’re alone against the Argents.”

“They haven’t found us.”

“Yet. So how about we forget the Kanima.” Isaac yelled as Derek was leaving the room.

“We Can’t!” Derek yelled back as he spun around. “There was something about the way Gerard looked at it. He wasn’t afraid. Now I don’t know what he knows or what he’s planning, but I’m sure about one thing, we have to find it first.”