Chapter 9 - Lies

As soon as I left the old warehouse I got a text from Stiles

Hey, just letting you know that the full moon is next weekend and I may need help with Scott, but I was wondering if you wanted to help me find some stuff to tie him up with. Could be fun. :) -Stiles

Great so Stiles wants me to help him keep Scott under control next full moon, but I will probably be a bigger threat.

Sorry I’m actually busy next weekend, but I can help you find something to tie him down with :) -Anna

I hated lying to Stiles, but I didn’t have a choice.

Okay. Do you want to meet up now at the hardware store? –Stiles

Alright, be there in ten minutes. –Anna

As I was driving to the hardware store Derek’s words came to mind. I don’t know. What did it mean? Why did my eyes glow green and not gold? Maybe there was something wrong with me. I wasn’t sure how I was going to keep this from Scott and Stiles, especially Scott. If I got anywhere near him he would be able to smell me and I didn’t know how long I had to keep it a secret. Scott was one of my best friends and I couldn’t avoid him forever.

I arrived at the hardware store and saw Stiles standing against the wall outside the store.

“Hey” I said getting out of my car and walking over to him.

“You took your time. How far away were you?” I looked down at my watch and noticed that it took me 40 minutes to get here. The old warehouse must have been further then I realized.

“Oh, I was at home. I was just a bit tied and slow that’s all, sorry.” I said with a small smile.

“Yeah, don’t blame you. That was a lot to take in last night.” He said while we were walking inside.

“So, do you have any ideas about how to tie him up? I remember you saying to Mr Argent that last time you handcuffed him to the radiator.”

“Yeah, but it didn’t work. Once he shifted he broke the cuffs. We are going to need something stronger.” Stiles said walking up to an isle full of chains.

“Oh god.” I said to myself thinking I may have to do the same.

Stiles and I were there for half an hour trying to decide which ones to get until we finally settled on a very long heavy duty chain that looked like something out of a horror movie.

Just as we were leaving the store I got a text.

Meet me tomorrow at the warehouse at noon –Derek

“Who’s that?” Stiles asked curiously

“Umm, just my mum letting me know she’s working late again.”

“How’s she been lately?”

“Not too bad, I haven’t really seen her all that much. She’s had a lot of late shifts and I leave before she wakes up in the morning.”

“How’s your arm?” My heart started pounding. I had no idea what to do.

“It’s fine, almost completely healed.” I said lying again. Wow was this becoming a huge habit.

“Can I see?” I felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest. I was actually surprised Stiles couldn’t hear it.

“I have a bandage on it, sorry. I have to go. Got a lot of house work to do before mum gets back.”

“Okay, well I’ll see you at school than. Actually, do you want to come over tomorrow? We can break the news to Scott that we’re going to rap him up in chains next weekend together.” Stiles said, enjoying this a little too much.

“Umm, maybe, I’ll let you know. I may have to work tomorrow.” It wasn’t a complete lie.

“Alright, well I’ll talk to you later then. See you.” Stiles said while giving me a hug.

“Bye.”

I got in my car and drove off. Stiles was driving behind me so I had to go home when really I wanted to go back to the warehouse. As soon as I got home I called Derek.

“Anna.” He answered the phone without even saying hello.

“Hi, Stiles asked me to come to his place tomorrow with Scott.” I said getting straight to the point.

“You can’t go.”

“I know, I may have to work I’m not sure. That’s another thing. If I am working could we please meet a bit later?”

“Sure.” He was an excellent conversationalist.

“And another question, how am I meant to avoid Scott? He’s one of my best friends and I can’t avoid him forever.”

“Do the best you can. If you can’t keep it from him for too long that’s fine. It’s mainly just Allison and her family you have to keep away from. I don’t want them finding out I’ve turned anyone.”

“Okay. I’ll let you know when I find out if I’m working. I have to go, bye.”

“Bye.” And with that he hung up.

I sat down on my bed thinking about what I was going to do. I couldn’t keep it from Scott and Stiles for too long and if Scott found out Allison would and then she might tell her family. I still didn’t know how she felt about the whole situation.

I got up and walked over to my desk to find my work timetable. Apparently I wasn’t working tomorrow… great. So I had to lie again. I got out my phone and sent Stiles a text.

Sorry Stiles, I have to work. I’ll see you at school :) -Anna

I then texted Derek

Not working, see you at noon. –Anna

I didn’t know how I was meant to keep track of all these lies, but hopefully I wouldn’t have to for too long.