Chapter 22 - First Confrontation

“I was with Stiles, mum.” I said trying to keep my voice calm. I was also avoiding facing her as my front was covered in blood.

“Until midnight?” she said. Her words were slurred and if I wasn’t use to it I probably would barely understand what she was saying.

“Yeah, we were studying for maths and biology. He was catching me up for the week I missed.”

“Well you should have called.” Thankfully it wasn’t one of her violent nights, but I wasn’t going to take the risk. So I decided to end the conversation as soon as possible.

“I know I’m sorry. I will text or call next time.”

“Yes you will, now go to bed. It’s late.”

I watched as she stumbled into the living room and out of sight. I quickly walked up the stairs and started getting ready for bed. I was in my PJ’s and just finished brushing my teeth when I walked into my room and found Isaac sprawled out on my bed.

“Isaac, what are you doing here? I thought you would be staying with Derek tonight.”

“I am. I just wanted to see if you were okay. You were shot remember. That’s a lot of blood.” He muttered as he looked at my ruined clothing.

“Yes I remember, kind of hard to forget.”

“Well, how are you?”

“Fine actually. All healed, can’t feel a thing anymore. What about you? Derek told me about the hunter.”

“Oh yeah.”

“It’s okay. He was trying to kill you and maybe even Stiles. It was self-defence.”

“Did Derek also tell you about the part where I tried to kill Stiles as well?”

“Yes, but you didn’t. Next time we will all be together so Derek can control us, and that’s only if we haven’t learnt control by then.”

“They’re going to come after me now.”

“Who? The hunters? They were coming after us anyway. They declared war.”

“But now they know that I’m a werewolf, and you. We’re going to have to be careful.”

“We will be. Derek wants at least another two in the pack and once we have them we’ll also be stronger.”

“Who?”

“That’s what we’re for. To find people who’d be willing to accept.”

“I think I know someone.”

“Really? Who is it?”

“Erica. She has epilepsy and I think would be willing to do just about anything to get rid of it.”

“That’s great. You should tell Derek.”

“Yeah I will.” Isaac said standing up. “Well I just wanted to see if you were okay. See you tomorrow?”

“Yep, weekend. Lots of hard core training to look forward to.”

“Can’t wait.” He said with a smile and then walked over to my window and jumped.