Chapter 49 - No, No, No

It took longer than I would have liked to get to the clinic, but thankfully when I got there Deaton was there to greet me.

“Hello, Anna. I thought Derek would havve you under lock and key tonight.”

“He did, but I got out and then found an anchor and right now I’m a little preoccupied to think about the full moon.” I explained what had happened and the purple wolfs-bane powder I found.

“Okay, I have a hunch where he may be, but I could be wrong so you go out and keep looking and I’ll let you know if I find him.”

“Okay.” With that we left in opposite directions. I decided to walk and try to see if I could pick up a scent, but whatever that purple dust was it had blocked any chance of that. I was walking for about 5 minutes until Matt pulled up beside me and got out of his car.

“Anna? What are you doing out here?”

“I was… Matt you’re drenched! What happened?” I asked noticing his wet clothes.

“Some idiot threw me in the pool at Lydia’s party.”

“Oh my god, are you okay?”

“Yeah, Jackson pulled me out.”

“Jackson?” My heart stopped, but as I’d been doing for days I ignored it.

“Yeah. I was actually looking for you.” He said taking a step closer.

“You were? Why?”

Without any warning he kissed me. Sure I had kissed him before; we were together for months, but something was different. He was different. I kissed him back and didn’t pull away, he did. “I’m sorry.” He said.

I opened my eyes to ask what for, but he was gone, so was his car. I had no idea what just happened, but I couldn’t think about it until I found Derek. Another 15 minutes past until finally I got a text from Deaton.

He’s fine. You’re going to have to ask him about it, it’s not my place to say –Deaton

I felt a wave of relief wash over me, but before I could ask where he was so I could meet him I got a call from Scott’s mum.

“Hello?”

“Hi Anna, its Melissa McCall. I can’t seem to get a hold of Scott, Stiles or Mr Stilinski and I have to meet them at the police station, but my car has broken down, so…”

I let out a little laugh “I’ll take you if you like.”

“Thank-you sweetie. I’m still at the hospital.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” I ran to my car and drove off to pick her up. It wasn’t the first time she’d asked me to take her somewhere after Scott had taken the car or it broke down. Once I got there she instantly got in the passenger’s seat.

“So why are Scott and Stiles at the police station? They didn’t get another restraining order did they?” I asked thinking back to when they kidnapped Jackson for a day.

“No, I hope not. They need me to identify someone who was in the hospital the night the wife died.”

“They know who it is?” I asked, my heart pounding.

“Aah, yeah.” She said nervously. It didn’t comfort me. If it was Matt it would explain why she was nervous, she knew we dated.

I pulled up outside the station. “I’ll just park the car.”

“I’m sure Stiles will give me a ride back to the hospital so Scott can fix the car.”

“No it’s fine I have to talk to those two anyway.” Melissa got out and walked up the stairs as I drove off a bit down the road to find a car park. Once I did I heard a gunshot and a scream. I sprinted up the stairs of the station and into the front room. “Mrs McCall! Scott!” I yelled, but I had a feeling I wouldn’t get an answer. I walked down the hallway and looked into one of the rooms to find Derek and Stiles paralysed on the floor and Jackson standing a few feet away. He hadn’t completely transformed, but he was half covered in scales.