Chapter 25 - What's Up With Jackson?

“Hey Jackson, can I talk to you for a second?” I said, standing next to him. He was sitting with Danny and some other jock Lacrosse players.

“Umm, sure.” He said standing up and following me out of the lunch room and towards an empty class room. “So what do you want?”

“I want to know why you needed a camera from Matt and if you’re showing any signs of turning at all.”

“How did you know about the camera and what do you mean turning?”

“I overheard you and Matt in Biology and I mean turning into a werewolf. I know Derek bit you and I know you’re currently not a beta and you’re definitely not an alpha.”

“And how do you know that?” He said it in this know it all tone which I didn’t really like all that much so I decided to skip the whole nice girl attitude. I grabbed him by his shoulder and slammed him against the wall like Derek had done to me so many times in training. My eyes, I knew, were glowing a vibrant green and my canines were just visible under me top lip.

“Because I’d be able to smell it.”

“He turned you?”

“Shortly after you left his house actually and I’m not the only one.”

“I’m going to guess after what went on in the cafeteria – Erica.”

“Aw not just a pretty face. Now what did you want with the camera?”

“I wanted to tape myself on the full moon, but nothing happened.” He was scared I could sense it. His heart was pounding, but it never skipped a beat. He wasn’t lying. He didn’t shift.

I backed off. “Thank-you.” And with that I left Jackson standing in the class room looking like he saw a ghost. Just as I got out of the class room I was immediately pulled into another by Scott.

“What the hell are you doing?” Scott said as soon as the door shut behind us. I could see the anger in his face.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean Erica. You can’t just turn everyone in the school you know.”

“Derek is the one turning them Scott not me and yes I did help, but both Isaac and Erica wanted it. They needed it.”

“Nobody needed it!” Scott was shouting, something he never really did.

“How would you know, Scott? You didn’t, you were turned against your will, but we weren’t. We chose this and for good reasons. Isaac’s father was beating him, Erica had epilepsy and do I really have to tell you why I did?” The door swung open, revealing Stiles. He opened his mouth and I knew what was coming, but before he could speak I jumped in. “Don’t Stiles. I know what you’re going to say and I don’t want to hear it. You can ask Scott for answers, I’ve already said everything I needed to say.” I stormed out passed Stiles and slammed the door.

I felt bad, but I was wound up after Jackson, and Scott yelling at me didn’t really help.