Chapter 4 - Finding Answers

I walked all the way to the Lacrosse fields only to find Lydia standing in the middle of the field – she was looking for Jackson. Someone started walking towards her and I immediately recognised him as Derek’s uncle, Peter, from the hospital. Suddenly Stiles came sprinting onto the field.

“Lydia! RUN!” He screamed.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Peter Hale grew what looked like fangs and had glowing red eyes. He lunged forward and bit Lydia… No, that couldn’t be right. What just happened? Surely this is all just a dream and I will wake up any minute now. I wanted to run out and help Stiles, but I was frozen. He and Peter were arguing and it looked like Peter wanted something from Stiles and was threatening him with Lydia’s life. Stiles suddenly made a call and then started walking off the field with Peter and Jackson came running to Lydia’s side a few minutes later. I quickly ran to Jackson and helped him carry her to the school – well I ran along beside. In minutes an ambulance was there and took her to the hospital. Jackson gave me a ride and we sat there for hours waiting to see if Lydia was going to be okay.

I didn’t know if Jackson knew anything or not, but I thought I might give it a go.

“Jackson, do you know what happened to her?”

“No, I have no idea.” I could tell he was lying. He always was a horrible liar.

“Of course you don’t.” I said to myself, sarcastically.

Suddenly the door into the emergency room swang open and Stiles came bursting through the door. His dad pulled him aside and started questioning him.

“I’m Sorry I lost the keys to my Jeep and I had to run all the way here.” Stiles said, trying to defend himself. More lies. What the hell was going on? Stiles doesn’t lie and he has never been friends with Jackson before or even Lydia and now he’s taking her to winter formal?

Out of know where Alison’s dad showed up with a few other men. They pulled Stiles and Jackson into a room and I quickly ran to the door and did what I do best. I ease dropped.

“Let me ask you a question, Stiles. Have you ever seen a rabid dog?” Mr Argent asked.

“No. I could put it on my to-do list if you just let me go.” Stiles replied in his sarcastic tone.

“Well I have, and the only thing I’ve been able to compare it to, is seeing a friend of mine turn on a full moon. Do you want to know what happened?” What was he talking about?

“Not really. No offense to your storytelling skills.”

“He tried to kill me, and I was forced to put a bullet in his head.” He said, pocking Stiles in the middle of his forehead. “The whole while that he lay there dying, he was still trying to claw his way toward me, still trying to kill me like it was the most important thing he could do with his last breath. Can you imagine that?” Mr Argent asked his temper flaring.

“No. It sounds like you need to be a little bit more selective…” Stiles was cut off when Mr Argent slammed his fists on the walls beside him.

“Did Scott try to kill you on the full moon? Did you have to lock him up?” He was yelling now.

“Yeah he did, I had to handcuff him to a radiator. Why? Would you prefer I locked him in the basement and burned the whole house down around him?” Stiles snapped back, his sarcasm had evaporated. What was he talking about? He couldn’t be referring to the Hale house could he?

Mr Argent chuckled “I hate to dispel a popular rumour, Stiles, but we never did that.”

“Oh right. Derek said you guys had a code. I guess no one ever breaks it.” Stiles said in a serious tone.

“Never.” Mr Argent said looking back at the other men with him.

“What if someone does?”

“Someone like who?”

“Your sister.”

Mr Argent looked at Stiles and it was obvious that he believed him. Suddenly out of know where he let Stiles go. “Let’s go.” He said speaking to the other men that were with him.

I quickly backed away from the door and ran around the corner. The men quickly walked passed me without even giving me a glance, which I was thankful for. Stiles and Jackson followed a few minutes later and I followed them. This couldn’t be happening; full moon, Scott trying to kill Stiles, Peter Hale growing fangs and having glowing red eyes, but everything suddenly made sense. People had been attacked by animals, attacked by wolves, but there are no wolves in California. Scott was bitten by a wolf the day we went back to school and he had the wound to prove it. Scott and Stiles had been keeping something, and Scott was suddenly the best Lacrosse player on the team. None of it made sense until now. Scott was a werewolf and by the sounds of it so is Derek Hale and his Uncle… and obviously Alison’s family were hunting them. Nice choice of a girlfriend Scotty.