Chapter 50 - Sweet Vodka

I didn't know how to react. I should've seen it coming. I shouldn't have left him alone when the hunters were everywhere, but I thought Jackson would protect him.

I was standing at the edge of the bridge surrounded by cop cars and officers one of whom was my dad, but he was too busy to notice me which I was thankful for. I was watching the deputies carry Matt in a body bag onto the trolley and into the ambulance. I'd been here since Stiles had called me to inform me that he had overheard a phone call between his dad and someone at the station. They'd found Matt's body in the lake after he'd drowned.

"Miss, you can't be here." I turned to see a young man in his mid-twenties wearing a police uniform. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Right, sure." I said and turned around and walked away before he felt the need to escort me away.

I didn't know what to think or how to feel so I ran... and ran. I ran into the forest until I reached another part of the lake. I reached the edge of the water and let my legs fall out from beneath me as my hands slammed against the ground and the tears fell from my eyes. I knew Matt as a friend and one of the few people who knew practically everything about me longer then I knew him as murderer bound on revenge. It was too close to my mum's death, I couldn't take it. I pulled myself together and ran home. Grabbing the unopened bottle of vodka my mum had left under the bench in the kitchen. I got in the car and drove to the one place I thought I would be alone. The old train station. Derek had now decided we would use his old house instead of the station so hopefully it would be deserted.

I got out of the car, leaving my phone on the seat, and went inside. I didn't waste any time in opening the bottle.

I didn't know how long I was there for and I didn't care. Every now and then I would hear a very faint ringing sound which I recognised as my phone. Three quarters of a bottle later my vision was fuzzy and no matter how hard a tried I couldn't stand up or put a sentence together. I used to be a complete light weight, two shots and I was down, but now it took a bottle of pure vodka.

"I can smell the vodka from outside." I familiar voice said from behind me causing me to jump.

"It tastes good." I said to the very attractive, tall, buff, green eyed man who was now hovering over me.

"You heard about the kid."

"His name was Matt."

"Did you drink all of this?" he asked trying to grab the bottle which I refused to let go of.

"Maybe and I'm not done yet." I said and snatched it out of his grip and took another mouthful.

"Yes you are." With one swift motion Derek snatched the bottle and placed it high out of my reach. "Come on, I need you to sober up. If I tell you anything now you may not remember."

"No." I said then tried to unsuccessfully stand up.

"No what?" Derek asked while grabbing me under my arms and easily lifting me up off the ground and gently letting me down so my feet hit the ground.

"No, I what my vodka back." I said reaching for the very high shelf holding my bottle. Missing the shelf completely I started to fall, but before I hit the ground Derek caught me and held me up again this time not letting go of my waist. "Why are you here?"

"Scott rang me, said that he and Stiles hadn't heard from you since Stiles told you about Matt, which was 8 hours ago, and I guessed where you may be. Come on. You can sleep at my apartment for the night. The last thing we need is your dad grounding you."

Derek tried to help me walk which proved hard when I refused to leave without my vodka so eventually he handed me the bottle and chucked me over his shoulder. It wasn't long before we arrived at his apartment or at least it wasn't long for me as I fell asleep. At least when we got there I could almost walk on my own.

"You'll recover from a hangover quicker now." Derek said noticing my improvement, even though he still had to help me a bit. When we were in his apartment I was greeted by Isaac.

"Hey, Anna. What smells like alcohol?"

"Isaac!" I yelled and ran up to him and gave him a huge bear hug.

"Oh, never mind." He said struggling for air.

"Isaac, put her in my room. As soon as she hits the bed she'll probably fall asleep."

"Sure." Isaac said, walking to Derek's room with me still attached. Just as Derek predicted as soon as my head hit the unbelievably comfy pillow I fell asleep.

A/N I know werewolves can't get drunk, but I explain why she can at this point later on in the series.