Chapter 26 - Spying

“Derek!” I yelled as I walked into the station.

“What is it?” He was standing with Isaac and Erica.

“Jackson didn’t turn on the full moon. He isn’t showing any signs of being a beta and his body isn’t shutting down.”

“I know.”

“Well what the hell’s going on with him?”

“I’m not sure, I’m going to find out though, but that’s not our biggest problem. One of the hunters was killed last night and not by a werewolf.”

“Then what?”

“I have no idea, but we need to find out. There’s more. The hunter that was killed was the same one that attacked you on the full moon.”

“Does that mean they’ll suspect us?”

“No the Argents know how to tell the difference between attacks.”

“If it’s after the hunters then why do we need to worry, aren’t they after us?” It was Erica asking the questions now and I decided to answer the question for Derek.

“Because one attack isn’t enough to confirm anything and if it wasn’t a werewolf then it has to be whatever killed Isaac’s dad, right?” I asked turning away from Erica and towards Derek.

“Exactly. The hunter was killed outside my old house. Erica you’re coming with me to have a look and Anna and Isaac you’re going to spy on Scott and Stiles. They don’t trust us so if they know anything, they won’t give it up easily.” Derek walked out of the station with Erica, leaving me and Isaac standing there.

“Won’t Scott tell you anything?” Isaac asked.

“No, he’s angry at me for choosing to become a beta and not telling him.”

“And Stiles?”

“He’s the same and honestly, I don’t know why, but I’m really mad at them for not understanding. I think it has to do with the whole werewolf temper thing. I’m not that good with control. Almost attacked Jackson today actually.”

“I fail to see the down side in that.” We had now reached my car.

“I threw him against a wall. Here.” I said chucking him my keys. “You can drive.”

“Really?”

“Just don’t scratch the paint.”

“Never.” He said with a smile.

“Okay, I think I know where they’re going.”

“Where?”

“The ice rink. I saw Stiles get some keys off Boyd and he works at the rink.”

“Okay well let’s go.”

The trip took about 20 minutes and when we got there we saw Stiles, Lydia, Scott and Alison all walking into the rink. Isaac and I positioned ourselves so we could hear what they were talking about, unfortunately we couldn’t talk because Scott would have heard us and then I would be in huge trouble with them. Not that that would’ve made a huge difference.

It was basic chit chat, nothing interesting or at least nothing useful. Stiles was hinting about how him and Lydia would make a good couple, but she thought he was talking about Alison and Scott so nothing happened there, thank-god. Personally I think Stiles can do a lot better than Lydia Martin, but it didn’t bother me as much as it used to surprisingly, but then again my being a werewolf has sent all my emotions on a crazy bender. Then there was Scott and Alison. Alison was trying to teach Scott how to skate which was proving difficult. Being a werewolf didn’t mean that you were magically good at everything.

Then we heard screaming. It was Lydia.