Chapter 14 - Dentist Appointment

I actually managed to get a good night sleep, surprisingly. My meeting with Derek had managed to clear all thoughts of my dad out of my mind, even when I got home, and thinking that soon Isaac may be joining us made me even more pleased. I would have someone to hang out with at school and someone else to talk to. I had only been a werewolf for a few days, but with a secret this big it was already driving me insane. I still had no idea how I was going to avoid Scott yet still stay close to Stiles, but I figured that would be tomorrow’s problem.

Unfortunately tomorrow came too soon. A ten hour sleep felt like five minutes and before I knew it I was in my car on my way to school. I decided now that I was a werewolf that I wasn’t going to change to much about my look. I didn’t want to cause any suspicion. So I settled for wearing my pair of dark denim skinny jeans a white singlet with a long necklace, which my dad bought for me a few years ago, and a pair of black ankle boots.

Once I parked my car and got out I saw Isaac ride in on his bike. He took his helmet off and as if he knew I was looking at him, he spun around and looked at me. We were staring at each other for a while before Stiles came running up to me and broke our eye contact.

“Hey Anna, how are you today?” Stiles said grabbing my bag for me.

“I’m great, how are you?” I looked back to where Isaac was to see him walking through the School doors.

“Fantastic. Are you sure you’re going to be busy next weekend because last time I tried to tie Scott up it didn’t work all that well by myself, I could really use an extra hand.”

“Sorry, my mum wants to take me shopping up at the coast, so I will be gone all weekend. Can’t Alison help you?”

“Yeah, she said she was going to try, but the chances of her parents letting her out of the house are slim. There’s something else as well.”

“Yeah?”

“Well Derek has been trying to get Scott to join his pack, but he keeps saying no and we think that Derek will be building up his numbers to become stronger – so if you see anything like teenagers with superhuman strength and an urge to kill people, just let us know.”

“Of course. Can’t be that hard to miss.” I replied with a smile, but on the inside my heart was crumbling.

I couldn’t keep lying to Stiles. I’ve always had a soft spot for him… well… that’s an understatement, I’ve practically been in love with him since fifth grade. I wasn’t sure if he knew or not, probably not considering I am excellent at covering things up and Scott didn’t even know.

And then it happened. The problem I was going to have to deal with. I could smell him… Scott. He was just walking back from the Lacrosse field, probably from morning practise. I didn’t know how, but it looked like he hadn’t smelt me yet, but I wasn’t going to take that risk.

“Ah Stiles, I have to go. I have to let the office know that I will be leaving early today, I have a dentist appointment.”

“Oh okay, sure, well I’ll see you in maths then.”

“Okay, bye.” I said walking away.

Dentist appointment? I thought to myself. Well at least it was believable.

I decided to cover all of my tracks so I did actually go to the office and give them the same lies I had given Stiles.

“No problem dear.” The front lady said. “Here you go.” She said handing me a note to give to my English teacher in second period.

After that I took off to Isaac’s locker, which he was thankfully standing in front of. I stopped behind him and as he closed his locker and spun around he almost slammed right into me.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t see…Anna!” he stopped in mid-sentence when he realised it was me. “Umm… I… ah”

“It’s okay, I’m not going to hurt you. I just wanted to know if you’d made up your mind yet.”

“Oh, yeah umm, I’m not sure.”

“Derek will want an answer soon, preferable by the end of the day and I’m leaving in second period so either find me before then or stop by at my place.”

“Yeah, sure.”

I gave Isaac a smile and walked off towards my maths class. Thankfully Scott wasn’t in that lesson, however he was in my English class so hopefully I could get there, give my teacher the note and leave before he turned up, which was actually very possible considering he was always late.

I walked into my maths class to see that Stiles had saved me a seat next to him. I then realised that on the other side of my desk was Jackson and then behind me was Isaac. Nice choice Stiles, real nice.

The photo has nothing to do with the story just the Math class. It expresses how i felt every Monday when i was in school :)