Chapter 5 - You've... Already... Decided.

I followed Stiles and Jackson to the school. I quickly got out of the car and followed them to the chemistry lab.

“Stiles, what are we doing here?” Jackson asked.

“We are going to make a bomb, like the one Lydia made that night at the school.”

“Yeah, but that didn’t work.”

“Because you handed her the wrong ingredients, not because she didn’t know what she was doing.”

“What’re you doing?” I said jumping in.

“Anna? What’re you doing here?” Stiles asked nervously and with a hint of surprise.

“I could ask you the same question, but then I already know the answer. Scott is a werewolf so is Derek and his uncle, who attacked Lydia tonight on the Lacrosse fields. Alison’s aunt was the one who burnt down the Hale mansion; killing 10 people who I’m going to guess were also werewolves, and you are here to make some bomb to help kill Peter.”

“Wh… How… How did you find all this out?”

“Well you and Scott haven’t been telling me anything so I’ve been trying to get information on my own. I over herd the conversation you had with Alison’s father at the hospital and then I just put the pieces together. I also saw Peter attack Lydia. So are you going to let me help or just shut me out again?”

“Okay, fine, you can help. Take this,” he said handing me a bomb.

***

We drove to the Hale mansion, or sped is a better word. Stiles was driving Jackson’s Porsche.

“Hey, hey, hey. This isn’t exactly an all-terrain vehicle.” Jackson said.

“Yeah? Did you pay for it?” Stiles asked.

“No.”

“Then shut up,” I said, jumping in.

When we arrived at the mansion I couldn’t believe what I saw. It was huge – the beast. It was bigger than a man and had huge canines and glowing red eyes. I’m guessing it was Peter Hale. Stiles threw his bomb at it, but it caught the flask.

“Oh, damn.” Stiles said, his voice a little shaky.

“Allison!” Scott yelled throwing her a cross bow. It was only now that I realised that Scott had huge side burns, golden eyes and fangs. Something I don’t think I will ever get used to.

Alison caught the cross bow and shot the arrow at the flask. It exploded, but only on the beast’s arm. I had the other bomb, but was too stunned to do anything. Jackson snatched it out of my hand and threw it at the wolf. It went up in flames and collapsed to the ground, revealing a burnt and close to dead Peter Hale. Derek then appeared walking over to the body.

“Wait! You said the cure comes from the one who bit you. Derek, If you do this I’m dead. Her father, her family…. What am I supposed to do?” Scott said pointing to Alison. He sounded panicked, but he wasn’t in wolf form anymore.

“You’ve… already… decided.” Peter said gasping for air. “I can smell it on you!” and with that Derek lifted his hand revelling his claws and lunged.

“Wait no, no, Don’t.” Scott yelled, but it was too late, Peter was dead.

Derek Stood up and turned towards us, his eyes glowing a magnificent red.

“I’m the alpha now.” He said in a deep intimidating voice that sent shivers up my spine.

Something inside me was happy, I couldn’t explain it. It was like I wanted him to become the alpha. Only an alpha could turn someone into a werewolf and maybe this was the escape I had been looking for.