Chapter 48 - It's A Secret

We spent the next few days training whenever we could, preparing for the full moon, but no one had found an anchor yet and before I knew it, it was Wednesday – the full moon and Lydia’s birthday party which unfortunately I couldn’t go to.

We were all standing around Derek’s wooden box filled with what I was convinced Henry VIII used to torture the many man his many wives slept with. Derek flipped the lid of the box up and let it fall to the ground revealing a triple spiral on the inside of the lid.

“What is that?” Isaac asked, bending down and tracing the engraving with his finger.

“It’s a triskelion.” Boyd answered. “Spirals mean different things. Past, present, future… mother, father, child.” He continued.

“Know what it means to me?” Derek asked him.

“Alpha, beta, omega?”

“That’s right. It’s a spiral. It reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can always fall to betas or even omegas.”

“And Scott?” Isaac asked.

“Scott’s with us.”

“Really? Where is he now?” It was obvious that Isaac didn’t trust Scott and honestly I didn’t blame him.

“He’s looking for Jackson, but don’t worry he isn’t going to have it easy tonight either, none of us will. It’s the price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight you are gonna want to kill anything you can find.”

“Good thing I had my period last week then.” Erica said to me and made me laugh, but clearly everyone else heard.

“Well this one’s for you.” Derek said with a smug smile and holding up my old friend the head restraint, which only made me laugh more and was met by an even smugger smile by Derek.

“I know, I know I get one too.”

“No, you get this.”

My smile completely evaporated. “What. The. Hell. Is. That?” It was bigger than the head restraint and slightly oval shaped with a bolt in each of the slimmer ends. It was also connected to chains, one that I think went around a post or connected to a wall and the other two were joined by a pair of very heavy duty hand cuffs.

“And the head restraint.” Derek continued. “You’ve been a werewolf longer then everyone else, but you have less control, so unless you want to repeat last full moon where you got shot three times then…” he finished off his sentence by gesturing to the restraints.

Next thing I knew we were all in the train about to be buckled down. First was Boyd. He was tied down with a leather restraint around his waist and hand cuffs that were connected to the wall.

“What if we break free?” he asked as Derek was doing the final tightening.

“Then you’ll do everything you can to get out of here. Probably try and kill me than kill each other and anything else with a heartbeat.” If Boyd wasn’t nervous before he definitely was now.

Next was Erica. First came the basic hand cuffs, but then the head restraint…

“I need you to hold her.” Derek said to Isaac.

“How come they get the head bands?”

“Because they’ll be able to withstand more pain then you and Boyd. I have a spare one if you really want it?”

“I-I’ll pass.” Isaac replied shaking his head.

“You ready?” Derek asked.

Erica just nodded her head. Derek placed the restraint on her head and started turning the bolt. By the third turn Erica was screaming and screaming and screaming. Getting louder every time. Boyd had to look away and it took all my will power not too. When Derek was done Erica practically collapsed. The only thing that was holding her up were the chains. Now it was my turn. First came the hand cuffs then the waist restraint with bolts.