Chapter 51 - You'll Be With People Who Care

I woke up the next morning with a wicked headache. I walked into Derek’s living/dining room and was met with an extremely stern look.

“What? Like you haven’t been drunk before.”

“It’s too dangerous to be drunk right now.”

“Why? Matt’s dead therefore Jackson is no longer a threat.” I said sitting down next to Derek on the couch and rubbing my head.

“Actually he’s more of a threat now. Matt was murdered, I think by Gerard, I also think that Gerard is now the Kanima’s master.”

“What?” I said as I snapped my head up.

“I’ve already spoken to the others. They have to decide whether to stay in Beacon Hills or run, in the mean time they’re running. Erica and Boyd are staying at the house, Isaac is still staying here and you can as well.”

“No, I’m not running away.”

“It’s not safe.”

“It won’t be safe either way. However, I wouldn’t mind hanging out here for a bit longer and possibly having a shower, I still smell like vodka and my dad will kill me.” I said with a pleading smile.

Derek returned the smile. “Bathroom’s down the hall and spare towels are under the sink.”

“Thank- you.”

***

“Best shower of my life” I said walking down the hall drying my hair.

“Oh look, it’s my favourite koala bear.” Isaac said while putting a spoonful of cornflakes in his mouth.

“Shut up.” I said giving him a smile.

“Ease up, I’ve seen you drunk before.”

“Really? When?” catching Derek’s glare I quickly added, “Stop judging, I used to be a party animal,” which he just rolled his eyes at.

“Lydia’s party last year, I had to take you home.”

“I don’t remember that.”

“Shocking.”

“Okay, I’m going. Isaac let me know when you’ve made up your mind.” Derek said.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“To the house.”

“Can I come? I kind of need some fresh air.” I said.

“Sure. I dropped your car off at your house by the way.”

“Thank-you.”

“And your dad thinks you’re staying at Scott’s and then going to the game tonight, which you are.” Derek said leaving the room and going into his bedroom.

“Really, I can go to the final? Awesome!”

“You don’t even understand Lacrosse.” Isaac said with a slight hint of amusement.

“Support, Isaac. It’s very important.” I said throwing a tea-towel at him.

Derek came back into the room wearing his leather jacket and grabbed the keys off the desk. “Let’s go.”

I followed Derek to his car. He opened the door for me and I got in. We drove to his old house and walked into the main room. There was a table with a heap of old books on it. I walked over and traced my fingers along the top. “What are these?”

“Old books my family collected. They contain information about the supernatural.”

“What are you looking for?”