Chapter 37 - You're Still A Snake Jackson

Hours later we finally got a message from Erica saying that Jackson was at the school with Danny in the gym. Derek left by himself to go and meet up with Erica. He was gone for about an hour, during that time I got a text from my boss saying that I had now missed three shifts in a row and that I was fired.

Loving life.

When Derek and Erica returned they dragged Jackson into the room and threw him on the floor.

“What happened to you on the night of the full moon?” Derek asked, putting on gloves and picking up the shard of glass with the venom on it.

“What? Nothing, nothing happened.”

Derek looked up at Jackson than back at the glass, “You’re lying.”

“Wait, I can prove it. I taped myself.”

Isaac laughed, “You taped yourself?” he asked.

“Yes. It was the full moon and maybe while you were curled in a corner having an extensional crisis about turning into a monster I was preparing for the so called gift that your big bad alpha promised me. What do I get? Nothing. You want proof, let me get the video.”

Derek smiled “No. No, I have a better idea.” Derek said. Walking over to Jackson, Isaac opened his mouth. “You know Jackson you have always been kind of a snake… and everyone knows that a snake can’t be poisoned by its own venom.” Derek said tilting the glass so that a drop of the Kanima’s venom dripped onto Jackson’s tongue.

Jackson collapsed to the floor, paralysed from the neck down. It wasn’t him. Derek walked over to him and crouched down to his eye level. “You’re still a snake Jackson. Just not the one we’re looking for.” Derek stood up and walked into the train. Now it was Isaac’s turn.

“You’re still going to have to do one more thing for us, well actually for me.” Isaac said as he knelt down next to him.

I wasn’t really in the mood to watch Isaac scare the crap out of Jackson so he would take back his statement to the cops so instead I followed Derek. Before I could say anything he spoke.

“That leaves Lydia.”

“I know. Erica and Isaac both have Chem with her if Isaac goes back to school.”

“Good. Are you going to school on Monday?” he asked turning around.

“I think I have to. I’ve missed way too much already.”

“I can always go and speak to the principal, I’m sure they’ll let you have the week off.”

“You wanna have a face to face conversation with Gerard?”

“Fine, I’ll email.”

“It wouldn’t work, I could speak to Stiles’ dad though and he would.”

“Alright, do that. I thought you worked on Saturdays by the way.”

“Not anymore, just got fired. I was going to ring them up and tell them what happened to see if I could get my job back, but I think it’s best if I keep my schedule as free as possible.”

Suddenly ‘She Wolf’ by David Guetta started playing, it was my ring tone.

“Little cliché don’t you think?” Derek asked smiling.

“Only if you know what I am.” I looked at the caller idea, it was Matt.

Answering the phone I walked out of the train and into a back room where supernatural hearing wouldn’t be an issue, or where Matt wouldn’t be able to hear Isaac’s threats to Jackson.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

“Hey, Anna, I just heard what happened. It was on the News. Are you okay?”

“I will be, thanks.”

“Are you sure, do you need anything? Chinese food and a giant slushy?”

I laughed at that. When we were dating if either one of us was feeling down the other always used to bring Chinese food and I giant slushy. “That actually sounds amazing.”

“Okay then, I’m coming over food in hand.”

“Thank-you.”

“Anytime.” He hung up. Then I realized I wasn’t at home and better get moving.

Just as I opened the door into the main part of the station I was met by Derek holding out my keys. So much for being out of ear shot. “Thanks.” I said grabbing the keys. I couldn’t read the expression on his face.

As I was driving my phone went off five times. When I got home I looked at the missed calls. Two were from Scott and three were from Stiles. Just as I closed the door and was about to ring them back there was a knock, Matt.

We ate Chinese, drunk huge slushies, and watched The Big Bang Theory. He made me forget about everything that was going on. It felt nice to hang out with someone who wasn’t involved with the whole werewolf thing and Matt has always known exactly how to cheer me up. I hadn’t spoken to him in ages and it was nice to catch up. Well, it was nice until Stiles and Scott burst through my door.