Chapter 20

Laura's POV

The next morning I wake up around 5:30 am. I wasn't feeling well my head felt light and I was feeling very nauseous. I slowly move up to press the button on my armrest. Dizziness overtakes my whole body and i try to lay back calmly. A couple of minutes go by and my regular nurse Tenisha comes in. She sees my state and calmly asks me what's wrong.

After I let her know she starts to give me an I.V. drip and she got me a cup of ice-cold water. She said I was very warm and would page Dr. Styles.

My body felt shaky along with my very ragged breathing. Within moments Harry burst through the door looking frantically at me.

My vision was blurred so I couldn't really see him properly. Tanisha explained to him what was going on and he leaned over towards me feeling my forehead.

"My God she's burning up"

He said grabbing a shot filling it with some type of liquid. I squirm away feeling even dizzier.

"I know Love, it will just be a slight pinch"

I feel the sharp pinch in my arm and i let out a small whimper.

"d-dizzzz"

I try to say but nausea takes over me and i hurl forward holding my hand over my mouth. Before I can hack up all over Tanisha pulls a bag out and places it over my mouth and i finally let nausea take over.

I throw up into the bag as Tanisha and Harry hold my hair back.

"thats it baby you're alright"

I hear Tanisha say in a soothing voice.

I feel myself sink back after, breathing really hard. My head was still dizzy and I closed my eyes trying to make it feel better. Tanisha was wiping my mouth and Harry places a cooling pack behind my neck.

after Tanisha cleaned up Harry told her he had it from here. When she left i immediately grab his hand shakily.

"you're alright"

He whispers calmly tracing circles in my palm and i find myself falling slowly back to sleep.

Later...

I slowly open my eyes feeling the warm sunshine on my face. When I observe the room I see Harry in the chair beside my bed to the right, writing on a piece of paper. I also see a passed out Sarah on the other chair opposite of me.

My head felt heavy and my nausea seemed to be gone but I still felt a little dizzy. The cooling pack was gone from my neck and my I.V. drip was halfway gone. I look over at Harry and he sees me move slightly. He moves his papers aside and smiles.

"How are you feeling?"

he said quietly not wanting to disturb Sarah.

"Better, I feel a little dizzy still but my nausea is down,"

I say hoarsely looking at the time seeing it was 9:45 am.

Suddenly a loud beeping noise fills the room and Sarah jumps in her chair almost falling out. Harry reaches over to his pager and sighs.

"I'll be back, Sarah wake up and watch Laura"

He says running out of the room.

"alright asshole"

Sarah mutters under her breath as she starts to get up. She sighs and looks over at me smiling.

"well good morning to you!"

she laughed straightening her clothes out.

"I heard you had a rough morning, Harry was really worried about you"

she said smirking and I felt my heart flutter.

"Yeah I didn't feel well this morning"

I reply

She checks my temperature and it was at 100.

"Yeah your definitely doing better than you were your original temperature earlier was 105" 

She said calmly throwing away the disposable  thermometer. My heart sinks as I gulp anxiously.

I never even knew someone's temperature could go that high.

I lay back feeling shocked and confused as to how it was so high.