Miscarriage.

Miscarriage.

Calum: My eyes scanned the white walls of the hospital, skimming over the signs. I followed the arrows to the waiting room and searched the room for any of Y/N's family. I felt slightly relieved as her mother came over to me with open arms. "How is she?" I asked, my voice full of worry. "She's unconscious at the moment, love." She informed me. "And the baby? What's going to happen to the baby?" I panicked. Her sympathetic expression was the answer to my question. "I need to see her." I spoke, my begging eyes looking into her's. "Please take me to her." I spoke once more, this time being led to her room. "I'll give you two some privacy." Her mother said softly as we reached her room, leaving me alone with Y/N as she lay on the bed. I pulled up a seat to the side of her, the blanket on her covering her baby bump. I took her hand in mine and just prayed not to lose her or our baby. I kissed the soft skin on her palm, the room quiet with the exception of the steady counts from the heart monitor. Several minutes passed before Y/N began to wake up. The squeeze of her hand and the flutter of her eyelashes being the first signs. "Cal?" She groaned in discomfort. "I'm right here, babe." I told her, standing up and softly stoking the side of her cheek with my free hand. "What happened?" She asked in confusion. "You fell down some stairs baby." I tell her, my thumb still caressing the side of her face. Tears filled up in her eyes and her hand moved down to rest on her bump. "What's going to happen? We're not going to loose her, are we?" She asked referring to the baby. "I don't know." I spoke, my hand resting on her bump with her's. As if on cue, a doctor entered the room with some files in hand. My focus rested on him as Y/N asked for the news. I held her hand tightly, fingers enterlocking naturally. As Y/N began to cry, the doctor excused himself quietly leaving us alone in the room; just the two of us. I fell back onto the bed, pulling Y/N to me as we both cried at the loss of our child. I couldn't breathe. I really couldn't and I just wished to feel numb for a moment. So it wouldn't hurt, for even a second.

Ashton: I woke up in the early hours of the morning once again, unable to get much sleep as my mind keeps me up. I reached out to my side, searching for Ashton needing to feel his arms around me only to find he wasn't there. I sat up and stretched my legs out, sighing afterwards. I swung my legs to the side, lifting the blanket off me and standing up. I walked towards the bedroom, it already being opened but the light in the hall was not on. I wondered along, turning on the main lights so I could see where I was going. I heard some faint noise from the lounge room but I couldn't tell what it was. The closer I got to the room the sooner I knew it was Ashton and the sooner I knew what was happening. I stood in the doorway as I looked at him. He was sitting on the couch which his back towards me, head in his hands and elbows on his knees. The quiet sobs which came from him made my heart break and without even realising it, I was hurrying to his side. "Ash." I whispered, slowly tugging his hands away from his face. He looked up and me and the pain in his eyes matched mine. I didn't say anything. I didn't need to say anything because sometimes in life you realise that words can't fix things. Instead, I sat down next to him, pushing him back slightly so he was laying down. I laid down beside him, our faces close together both with tears along our cheeks. My thumb gently wiped away his tears, afterwards, leaving my hand on the side of his face. "I'm sorry I can't be strong for you." He whispered as he looked away from me. "I'm sorry I can't be either." I replied, my hand moving down his side to rest on his back. I leaned up and placed a chaste kiss to his jaw as he slung his arm over me, pulling me closer to him. "We were gonna be a family." He whispers as he nuzzles his face in the crook of my neck. "We still are a family." I remind him. "Just the two of us for now." I whisper, leaning my head against his chest. "But I promise you one day there will be a little one running around here or wherever we are. Maybe now just wasn't our time."

Luke: The room was dark, barely any light coming in through the blinds. My hands moved to my bump and panic took over me. It was my first time being pregnant but I knew this feeling wasn't supposed to be here. "Luke?" I whispered, my hand finding his arm and pulling him slightly. "Luke." I repeated, slight louder this time. He yawned slightly, eyes closed as he turned to face me. "You ok?" He mumbled, half asleep. "No, Luke. Something's not right." I panicked. He sat up quickly, turning his side light on and facing me. "What's wrong? Are you ok? Is the baby ok?" He asked me as he helped me sit up. "Luke, I-" I chocked, unable to speak. Tears quickly filled his eyes as he jumped out of bed, hurrying to get some clothes on. I groaned at the pain in my stomach, calling for Luke as I felt like I couldn't breathe. He cupped my face in hands, making me look at him. "It's gonna be okay, alright? You're gonna be okay." He said to me. I nodded doubtfully, not trusting my voice to speak. He picked up his phone and dialled 000 for the ambulance, staying close to me until they arrived. The whole ride to the hospital, Luke held my hand trying his best not to break. A weird feeling took over me. While I was still crying from pain, a part of me was crying because I knew somehow: it was too late.

Michael: The sadness consumes me and I wish nothing more than to just fade away. My eyes are red and puffy matching Michael's. My body is weak, not just from the lack of food but from the ripping of a life from inside me. It wasn't that long ago when everything began to change. Hearing the first heartbeat, picking names...now all of that can't happen. In these last two days since we've found out, I haven't been able to eat, sleep or talk. I don't even think I want to. The light knocking from the door distracted me from my thoughts. As usual, I didn't answer, staying right where I am sitting on my bed and the sheets wrapped around me. Michael entered a few seconds later, his eyes meeting mine for the first time in a while. He just stood like that as tears began to fill my eyes and before I knew it, he was making his way over to me. I didn't know what else to do except cry into his chest, fisting onto his shirt as if he could slip away if my grip loosened. I muttered apologies throughout my sobs, screaming and yelling until my throat was burning and my eyes were heavy. "It's not your fault, Y/N." He whispered to me placing a kiss to the top of my head. "It is. This is all my fault." I whimpered, not having enough energy to cry once more. "It's not, baby. It's not. And we're gonna get through this, okay?" Michael asked, eyes looking into mine as he gathered my hair and tucked it behind my ear. My lips trembled as my eyes looked into his, finding some strength within him. "Don't leave me." I whispered, my arms wrapping around his torso as his locked around my waist. "Never." He promised before kissing my temple.

Thank you so much for 420K + I'm blown away. And I also reached 2000+ followers on IG this week! 😁😘