Pool Incidents.

Pool Incidents.

Calum: Glad to be back in Australian for Christmas, Luke had invited you and the boys over to his place as he was the only one lucky enough to have a pool. The sun was shining brightly, the air so humid but it was still nice to be outside, absorbing all the sunlight. The boys of course headed straight to pool, passing the opportunity for outdoor cricket as it was far too hot to be chasing after anything. You on the other hand set yourself up in the corner of the garden by the pool, working on your tan for the summer. You closed your eyes which were covered by your sunglasses, smiling to yourself as you listen to the boys' crazy banter, begging them not to get you soaked each time they threatened to throw you in the pool, or splash you with a wave of water. You didn't really think much of it at first - only half pay attention to what they were saying, but when you heard their laugher die down and Calum's name being called out in a questioning manner, your instinct was to look up and see what all the commotion was about. You stood up in a heartbeat, walking over to the three panicked boys as they stared a Calum for a split second before Luke dived in the water beside his floating body. You felt your heart sink in your stomach as Michael helped pull Calum out of the water, his eyes closed and his body un-reacting to being lifted about. Michael carefully laid him down on the tiled patio, you pushing past them to get to him. You kneeled down at his side, tears heavily during from your eyes as you tried to get him to regain consciousness. "Calum? Calum wake up baby." You cooed to him, your hands cupping either side of his face. Ashton kneeled down on his other side and gently began to shake Calum a little to see him he would react. "Is he breathing?" Luke panicked to which Ashton retaliated by holding onto his wrist to check his pulse. "He is." He responded with, the slightest trace of relief washing through each of us. Michael bent down to me, helping me stand back as Ashton began to press his hands together over Calum's chest in order to help him breathe easier. After several seconds, Calum's body began to shiver and his eyes shot open, Ashton and Luke rolling Calum onto his side as he emptied his stomach from all the water he had consumed. Calum was breathless and panting, taking a few minutes to steady his breathing as best as he could. When everyone was sure he was through the worst of it, Michael let you kneel down beside him once again, your hand soothingly rubbing up and down Calum's bare back. He weakly reached his hand out to you, resting it on your leg as you slowly helped his sit up, letting him rest all his weight against you. "You're ok now, baby." You whispered to him over and over until you were sure he was calm.

Ashton: I'd never been one to have any problems regarding swimming or anything. I hated the ocean, but that was only because I never knew what could possibly be under my feet, or swimming along side of me. Other than that, I was fine. The new house Ashton and I had brought together had a large heated swimming pool which we were both madly in love with. After finally managing to unpack all of our boxes of furniture, Ashton and I agreed to spending the evening in the pool, relaxing after a stressful week. As he ventured off into the house in search for his phone, I swam over to the side of the pool, diving to the bottom to pick up a few leaves which had managed to gather in the water. However,  on my way up, the anklet on my foot caught on to the filter and as hard as I tried pulling, it wouldn't budge. I started to panic which probably wasn't the best idea given my situation. I tugged at my foot, doing all I could to try and yank it free, but because of the way it was caught, it seemed almost impossible. No matter what way I turned it, nothing seemed to loosen and if anything, I was sure I had made it worse. I had now been under for around 20 seconds or so, which doesn't sound like a lot, but due to my panicking, I was running out of oxygen faster than I expected. I wanted to scream for Ashton but I knew that if I opened my mouth, I would swallow mouthfuls of water which would only cause me to drown faster. I tried to put my inhale for breath off for as long as possible, but black dots quickly began to take over my vision and unable to stop myself, the last thing I felt was a wave of water flooding through me. "Please open your eyes." I heard a faint whisper from a voice I recognised to be Ashton's. I began to become aware of the pressure being pressed to my chest repetitively, causing my eyes to flutter open within time. I looked around confused and weak, seeing a teary eyed Ashton hovering over me, concern glowing on his features. "Ash." I mumbled out, wanting to continue, to ask him where I was and why I was so weak. "You're ok baby girl." He murmured, his voice soft as he spoke to me. I tried to sit up, but the moving caused my stomach to turn, and before I could control what was happening, Ashton was rolling me onto my side as I began to vomit heavily. He made soothing gestures, his hand rubbing up and down my cold back as my body began to shiver from the coldness. "Ashton." I muttered out his name again, my voice hoarse and croaky. "Shh, just lie down for a moment. I'm right here, ok? I'm not going anywhere." He promised me as he sat by my side awaiting me to catch my breath. "Thank you." I whispered to him tiredly, using all my energy to give him a grateful smile.