38

sage -

I woke up in my art room, I didn't realize I fell asleep. my laptop was open to my finished application to New York Academy of Art, it was one of my top schools. I huffed and closed my laptop. the painting of the guys were almost done and tour starts in a few weeks. I put everything away and walked out to the living room, the guys being in the livingroom. ive avoided everyone since what happened, its been two weeks. I kept my head down and walked upstairs to my room. I quietly shut my door and laid on my bed, curling into a ball. I sobbed as every bad emotion possible hit me. then I felt arms wrap around my body, I almost pushed them off when I realized it was jonah. I turned and sobbed into his chest. he held me and tried to calm me down. "hey hey youre okay" he whispered to me. I nodded and slowly stopped my crying. I picked my head up and he had tears on his cheeks. "I don't know what happened in your past but I can get the idea. what happened a few weeks ago must of been scary. and you didn't deserve that. but youre safe with us. I promise" he said as he pulled me closer to him. I nodded and laid in his arms and he was right, I was safe with them. 

~~~~~~~~~~

after a few days, I apologized to everyone and explained why I was taking it so hard, which ended up with all of us in a group hug. now I was finishing up the painting, adding highlights when jonah knocked. I put the painting on the floor, facing it the other way. "yeah!"  I called out. he walked in with mail. "you have a few letters from some schools" he said shutting the door. I jumped up, I wasn't expecting to get letters back so quick. he handed them to me and smiled. "want me to go?" "no, stay."  he nodded and sat on the stool next to me.  I looked at the three letters, New York Academy of Art being on of them.  I took a deep breathe and opened the first one which was from FIT. I read it as jonah looked at me. I shook my head. I didn't get in. jonah sighed and put his hand over mine and gave me a smile. I opened the second one which was from The Art Institute of California. I read it and sighed. didn't get in either. I set the paper down and jonah hugged me. "one more. maybe this is the one" he said. I nodded and opened it. I stood up and covered my mouth when I read the words "Congratulations! You got accepted" I showed jonah and I nearly screamed. he stood up and hugged me. it was such  relief. we sat back down, I sat there in shock. that's when I thought about corbyn. "oh my god. what about corbyn? I would have to move back to New York. and you guys, I cant leave you guys. and tour. jonah maybe I shouldn't go"  I said rambling. "no. youre going to go. this has been your dream. corbyn will understand. the guys will understand. is this for the spring semester?" "yes. it starts in a few weeks."  "go get ready. im taking everyone out for dinner and youre telling them" I nodded and stood up. "thank you jonah"  "anytime sage" we hugged and he walked out. I put the painting away. I was going to give it to them before I left. I smiled and went up stairs to get ready. 

~~~~~~~~~~

corbyn and I walked into the restaurant, hand-in-hand. my nerves felt out of control. even on the drive here corbyn questioned why I was quiet and nervous. we soon sat down, the guys immediately complimenting me. "wow sage, you look beautiful" jack said smiling at me, the rest of the guys agreeing. "thank you. I can look good when I try" I said laughing. "you always look good" corbyn whispered to me, kissing my lips. I giggled and kissed him back. we all made small talk before the waiter came and took our orders. "wait we never go out like this. whats the occasion?" zach asked. jonah looked at me and I nodded. "actually, I have news. so ive always loved art. it was only recently that I wanted to make it a career. so I um I applied to a few colleges and well I got letters back today and I got into one."  I said waiting for their reactions. they all had big smiles and started clapping. "that's so awesome sage, congratulations" jack said standing up to give me a hug. everyone stood up, as did I, ad we all hugged. corbyn joined the hug but didn't say anything. jonah gave me a tight hug after we pulled apart. "very proud of you bub" he said pulling apart. I chuckled and sat back down next to corbyn. "you okay?" he just nodded. I sighed but kept a smile on my face. "so is this spring or fall semester?" "its spring. I leave march 10th"  "wait that's like a week before tour. are you not joining us?" zach asked. I shook my head. "not this time. I really want to go to this school but I don't want to leave you guys."  "no, go. you deserve this. besides, whenever we go to new York, we'll always see you" daniel said reaching over and resting his hand on top of mine. I smiled and nodded. corbyn shook his head and walked off to the bathroom. "whats his problem?" jack asked, confused. " maybe hes just sad that youre leaving" zach said. jonah stood up and followed corbyn. "itll be okay sage. 

~

jonah -

I followed Corbyn into the bathroom and he was standing over the sink, his head down. "you okay man?" "itd be selfish to say I wasn't" he said sniffling. "shes just going to leave? right before I wanted to ask her to my girlfriend? I shouldn't even feel this way. shes wanted to do art since forever" corbyn said crying but chuckling. I walked up to him and rested my hand on his shoulder. "come on man. this is for her. she loves you. that's obvious. but you cant make her stay" I said, corbyn shook his head. "I know I know. im sorry dude I just I don't want to lose her." he said turning around. I hugged him, as he tried to get himself together. he pulled apart and splashed water on his face. "ill talk to her when he we home" he said after he felt he looked like he hadn't just been crying. I nodded and patted his back. we walked out to our food already at the table. sage looked at me, I nodded and he turned to Corbyn, grabbing his face and kissing him. he kissed back, pulling apart with a smile. we ate, talked about tour memories. 

"alright I want to make a small toast. to sage, for going after her dreams. to all of us, for sticking together and being what we all need in eachother." I said raising my glass. "to us" we all said.