7

sage -

i got out the shower and changed. i walked into my room and plugged my phone in. it was already 9:30. i was still stuck on new yorks timezone so it felt much later. i put on my shoes and walked down and music was playing and i walked into the kitchen of 3 shirtless boys.

" is being shirtless a normal thing in this house?"
"goodness gracious sage you scared me" daniel said holding his chest.
"and yes. hope you don't mind" jonah said flipping a pancake.
"not at all. what's for breakfast?" i asked sitting on the counter.
"pancakes and daniels making omelettes. and zach is trying to eat a hot pancake" jonah said pointing his spatula to zach blowing on a pancake. i laughed and hopped off the counter.

"changing the song on whoever's phone this is!" i said walking to the surround sound. i put on champagne and sunshine and immediately started dancing around. zach joined me and apparently jonah and daniel were recording. me and zach fell over from laughing at eachother. we got back up and jonah was taking down plates and daniel was finishing the last omelette.
"where's jack and corbyn?"
"corbyn is in the shower and jack is talking to his mom outside" jonah replied as jack walked back in the house.

"oh great you're out here. we will wait for corbyn and then we have stuff to tell you" jack said setting his phone down.

"okay kids breakfast is ready. but ladies first" jonah said handing me a plate and a glass of orange juice. i thanked him and sat down at the long rectangular table. corbyn walked down with wet hair and sat next to me.

"okay now that everyone is here, we have news" jack said sitting down.

"is it good or bad"
"depending on how you take it" daniel said cutting his omelette. corbyn put his hand over mine when he saw my leg bouncing up and down at a ridiculous speed.

"we are why don't we" they all said in sync.
"are you going to finish that weird sentence?"
"we are a band."
"wait seriously?"
"yeah. we're called Why Don't We. we've been a band for almost two years." corbyn said with a smile.
"well that's kind of cool. is that the news?"
"yeah basically" daniel said with a laugh.
"living in a house with a boy band sounds cool"
"man band" daniel said
"what?"
"we are a man band" they said in union. i just laughed and ate my food.
"also here are our numbers, we were going to give them last night but you fell asleep" jonah said handing me a piece of paper with all of their numbers.
"i was about to ask for your guys numbers too thank you"  i said grabbing the paper and adding their numbers in my phone.
"also what's your Instagram?" daniel asked flipping his phone.
"first of all stop flipping your phone i get anxiety every time i see you do it and it's fabsage" i said shaking my head with a smile. they all pulled out their phone and followed me. daniel and jonah posted on their stories and it was me and zach singing and dancing.

"grosssss why'd you guys post thaaaaat" i said laughing a little too hard.
"that was you singing? i thought it was one of them dying" corbyn said laughing.

everyone finished eating and i washed dishes and everyone went their separate ways throughout the big house. my phone was now plugged in and That's Alright by Eben came on and i heard all the boys run down the stairs and stare at me.
"you know eben?"
"i don't know him i just listen to some of his music." i said looking at the boys. jack gave jonah a look and jonah nodded and pulled out his phone and then they all smiled and walked away. theyre a little weird.

i was cleaning up the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

"sage! can you get that?" i heard from upstairs.
"okay!" i yelled back and put down the cleaning spray and took off my gloves and opened the door. and eben was standing there with flowers and a smile.

"o-oh my god"
"you must be sage?" he asked with a laugh at the end of my name.
"y-yes hi nice to meet you please come in" i said opening the door wider for him.
"these are for you. didn't know what you liked so i picked white roses. my friends here told me you listened to my music." he said as all the boys walked into the living room where we were standing. i was still in complete shock.

"yes i do actually. i had your ep on repeat most of the drive here" i said realizing i sounded like a fan girl.
"well i appreciate that." he said laughing and giving me a hug.

"eben my guyyy" corbyn said to him as we parted from the short hug. the boys all talked to him as i finished cleaning the stove. daniel made a mess with the eggs. eben went up the stairs with the guys and i found a vase for the beautiful roses. i set them on the table and then i sat on the couch. i got my phone from the aux and my home screen was nothing but a shit ton of follows and comments. i saw zach posted the video of me and him with the caption "she has dope music @fabsage" i laughed and liked it. i went through the comments and some were nice, others weren't. i smiled at the nice ones and got up from the couch. and decided to check out the backyard. they had a pool. i put my phone on a chair and put my feet in the water. as i was kicking the water around i heard the back door open and corbyn sat next to me.

"im pretty bored. wanna go do something?"
"most definitely"

first la adventure!