12

sage -

i woke up around 4, the house was completely silent. i got up and walked downstairs. empty. i checked the room with the piano. empty. backyard was empty.

"corbyn? jonah?" i said calling through the house. no answer. i went up to my room and grabbed my phone.

corbyn: hey we had an emergency meeting we'll be home around 6.

jonah: just wanted to check on you. if you ever need to talk, im here to listen. see you when we get home.

jack: can we talk when i get back?

i responded to jack with a simple yes and left jonah and corbyn on read. i slept most of the day and haven't eaten anything. i got up again and made a sandwich. i sat outside in the front yard and ate. listening to the sounds of cars, i didn't realize our neighbors were outside. i gave a wave and the older women gave me a smile. i assumed her husband waved back and went into their house. i finished eating and went back inside. the house wasn't messy but it wasn't clean. i put up my hair and plugged my phone in and played music.

i was still cleaning when the boys walked in, i didn't realize they even walked in till i heard zachs laugh. i was singing obnoxiously which is why he laughed.

"i didn't even hear you guys come in" i said stopping my music and wiping the sweat from my forehead.
"we can tell. what time did you wake up?" daniel asked getting a water from the fridge.
"around 4. the house was empty then i checked my phone." i said out of breathe. daniel tossed me a bottle and i chugged it. jack moved his head towards the back door and i nodded and went out there with him following. i sat next to the pool and he sat next to me, not speaking at first.

"im sorry for this morning" he said looking at me.
"it's okay. i understand why you thought it looked the way it did."  i said giving a small smile.
"the guys told me everything and i feel like a dick. i shouldn't have just assumed"
"jack really it's okay. corbyn wouldn't do that to christina even i know that and ive only been here for a few days" i said with a laugh trying to lighten the mood.
"im here if you need anything. we all are. and if something happens while we're in public, tell us as soon as it happens and we will do what we can" he said pulling me into a hug.
"thank you jack." i said as he pulled away. he smiled and helped me up and we went back inside. i ordered pizza earlier and it came when jack and i were outside. but the boys didn't start without us, instead they set the table and waited on their phones.

"we wanted to wait for you guys" zach said getting up to grab the pizza boxes.
"oh that's sweet. i didn't know what you guys liked so i just got pepperoni and cheese" i said sliding into my seat next to corbyn. they all said their separate responses as they took bites of their foods.

"how was your guys meeting?"
"interesting. we're working on something and talking to our managers and we finally got the answer we were waiting for" jonah said with a smile and wiping his face. they all set their food down and looked at me.
"corbyn you ask" daniel said rubbing his hands together.
"sage, we are going on our European tour next month and want you to join us" corbyn said with the biggest smile. i almost choked.
"oh my god are you guys serious?"
"yes , we talked to Jon and Tyler and they agreed that you can come with us. but you have to help eben with the in-ears, mics and whatever else." corbyn said with a small laugh. i just smiled so big and i was engulfed in the tightest, warmest hug consisting of 5 boys. we all laughed and finished eating. corbyn and i went up to his room, daniel went for a run, jack and zach went to the piano. jonah went outside.

"so are you excited?" corbyn asked me as he sat on the floor.
"are you kidding? im traveling Europe with you guys! and here i was expecting normal roommates." i said laughing. corbyn took out his phone as i got up to grab his speaker to play music. he connected it and was played a random song. jonah knocked and then walked in.

"sorry to interrupt, wanted to lay down." he said laying back on his bed across the room.
"you're good bro" corbyn said throwing a pillow at him. jonah caught it and chucked it at his head causing me to fall back laughing. corbyn gave jonah a dirty look but jonah just laughed and went on his phone.

"how long have you known the guys"
"a few years. jack and i were on a tour. i meant jonah some place, same with daniel and zach. then we kind of met up in LA, at a AirBnB and hung out and played music for a few days then we kind of just said 'Why Don't We make a band' and that's how we came up with our band name." he said smiling.
"was it hard? moving from your family?"
"at first it was. then i got used to it." corbyn said sitting on his bed with me. he layed back and so did i. we layed there in silence for a while then i heard snoring and giggled. it was either jonah or corbyn. i couldn't tell since corbyn was facing away from me. i decided to get up and go to my room.

"sage?"
"sorry jonah, i was just going to my room" i said in a whisper.
"oh okay. knock on the wall if you need us."
"will do. goodnight"

interesting day.