4

sage-

after a day and a half drive i finally arrived in la. of course i stopped a few times to rest and use the restrooms. i stopped at a random parking lot, it was currently 10pm. i texted jack letting him know i made it to town. he said to meet at a Cheesecake Factory. apparently they were already there. i drove to a nearby store to change and freshen up. after i did what i had to do i took money out from my card because i wasn't going to let them pay for my meal. i got to the Cheesecake Factory, texted jack and he said he'd meet me outside. i was walking to the front and noticed a very curly haired boy looking around. i laughed to myself and walked up to him.

"i assume you are jack?"
"and i assume you are sage?"
"indeed i am" i said with a small laugh. we shook hands and he led me inside.

"we are all kind of just hanging out having a late dinner. hungry?"
"very. ive has so much junk food i need regular food" jack laughed. we walked up to a big round table with four other guys and two girls.

"guys, this is sage"
"oh wow hey im jonah"
"corbyn"
"you're really pretty, im daniel"
"and im zach"
"nice to meet all of you and thank you daniel"
"im christina, corbyns girlfriend"
"you look familiar where are you from?"
"New York"
"do you go to FIT?"
"i do actually"
"so did i. we probably had a class"
"small world"
"im tate. jonahs girlfriend. nice to meet you"
"you are so pretty wow nice to meet all of you"
i shook hands with everyone and sat next to christina with jack on my other side. christina was telling me how she's a junior in college and how she does youtube when a waiter came to take our order. we all ordered and everyone had their separate conversations. i sat there texting my parents letting them know i made it and was with them.

"how was the drive down here? i bet it was long" zach asked taking a sip of his water
"it was very long. but i stopped every now and then"
"what made you want to move to LA?" corbyn chimed in.
"i just wanted to experience something new. i never left New York. ive lived there my whole life."
"well we are glad to have you" corbyn said with a smile.
"us girls are really excited too. gabbie couldn't make it tonight but when you get settled we should all hang out at the beach." christina said taking a sip of her pink lemonade. i simply smiled and nodded. our food soon came after and we all ate in comfortable silence.

this might not be that bad