31

sage -

it's new year's eve. we're having our own new years party at the house and me, jonah and daniel are at the market getting food and stuff.

"should we get alcohol?" daniel asks as i passed that section.
"i mean people are bringing some anyway" jonah said when he looked at me. i wasn't in the mood to be intoxicated. i gave him a small smile and pushed the cart. i went down the chip aisle and grabbed three of everything.
"will three of all be enough?"
"probably. guess we'll see" jonah said walking further down grabbing something else. i turned around and grabbed some sodas. jonah came back with a case of champagne.
"for when the ball drops. doesn't have high percentage." jonah said putting the case on the bottom. daniel came back with a crazy amount of snacks. he handed me reese's candy bar. i smiled and gladly took it. we finished getting whatever we need and jonah and daniel went to pay while i went next door to a craft store. i walked in and the woman at the counter said good morning. i wandered around, finding small and large canvases. i found a small cart and put them in. i found my way to the paints and grabbed nearly every color. i was looking at easels when someone put their hand on my shoulder, i nearly jumped when i realized it was jonah.

"just me. what are you looking at?"
"i used to paint. just looking."  i said putting the basket down and walking away.
"sage wait"
"yes?"
"we have a spare room you can use as your paint room. get the easel."
"are you sure?"
"positive. i'll help you set up within the few days" he said grabbing my hand and pulling me back to the easels. i huffed and picked one. jonah smiled and grabbed the big box and we walked to the cashier. i pulled out my wallet when jonah already swiped his card. i softly punched his arm and he laughed. i grabbed the bags and he grabbed the box and walked to the car.

it was almost midnight, our house is packed and crowded. i was in a red shirt and white jeans walking around the house. daniel was talking to angi, his bestfriend. i touched his shoulder as i walked by and gave angi a wave. i grabbed a clean red cup and poured myself some soda. i walked out to our backyard and sat by the pool. surprisingly no one was out here. i put my feet in the water and splashed around listening to the fireworks. 2018 was something else. but i'm so glad i'm ending with amazing friends. i looked back into the house, corbyn was laughing at something someone said. zach was smiling with jack, daniel and angi. i couldn't find jonah. i checked my phone and it was 12:45. 15 minutes. i looked up at the night sky, the stars shining and the moonlight brighter than i've seen.

"you okay?" i looked down and it was jonah standing at the porch.
"perfectly fine" i said taking a sip of my soda. jonah walked over and sat by me. i smiled and leaned against his shoulder.

"ready for this next year?"
"definitely. are you ready?"
he took a deep breathe and smiled big.
"big things coming. i'm ready. i'm excited you're here with us to experience it with us."
"me too bud me too" i smiled and stood up, wiping the water from my legs. i looked over our view of beautiful Los Angeles.

"hey guys the balls about to drop." corbyn said calling from the house. i grabbed jonahs hand and we walked in. corbyn handed us glasses of champagne, i hugged corbyn and the rest of the guys came over to us and we stood there, counting down.
"10
"9
"8
"7
"6
"5
"4
"3
"2
"1"
"happy new year"
everyone screamed when the ball dropped. everyone giving hugs, corbyn hugged me first. kissing my head. jonah hugged me and spun us around. jack and zach gave me a group hug. daniel hugged me and picked me up. then the tight group hugged. the boys scattered and gave hugs to their friends, people giving me hugs. i smiled at the house full of happy people. this is OUR year. and i'm so ready to take on whatever this year brings.

happy new year!! 2018 was tough. but i did it. YOU did it. hope everyone has a good 2019. this story is in for a rollercoaster ;)