24

sage -

"sage can you hand me the potatoes" corbyn asked as he sat down from getting his plate of thanksgiving dinner. i handed it to him after getting a small spoonful. he sat next to his mom and i was across from him next to ashley and her boyfriend who i met earlier this morning. a bunch of corbyns family came since corbyns mom hosted. i met majority of them, considering i was helping corbyns mom cook. soon everyone sat down and started to eat. multiple conversations happening, mainly their family asking corbyn all these questions about tour.

"yeah paris was my favorite" he said wiping his face.
"paris is beautiful. did you go to the Eiffel tower?" his grandma asked. he looked at me and smiled.
"i did actually, i took sage after the show."
"he did. it was late and i insisted on going back since i knew he was tired. but he dragged me across the bridge and sat there, not sure for how long."
"that's my grandson. living in the moment" his grandma said kissing corbyns head. i smiled and took a drink of my water. i stood up to clear my plate and while i was washing my plate corbyns mom handed me a glass of wine. i politely took it and took some sips while i helped her clean. soon everyone migrated to the living room and the "kids" went to corbyns room.

"thank you for helping me." corbyns mom said as she dried her hands.
"it was no problem. thank you for letting me into your beautiful home."
"anything for you sweetheart." she gave me a hug and went to the living room. i leaned against the counter with a smile. my phone dinged, it was corbyn.

come upstairs
whyyyyy
pleaseeeee my cousins are attacking me
and you expect me to save you?
that was the plan

i laughed and put my phone in my pocket and headed to corbyns room. i was standing at the top of the stairs listening to him laugh and play with his cousins. i walked towards the door and peeked in. he had his cousin on his shoulder and another one wrapped around his legs but he had the biggest smile on his face. i decided to wait outside. i was scrolling through some pictures so i could post on instagram. corbyn came out, out of breathe.

"oh look at that night, my savior not saving me" i laughed as he sat down next to me.
"tomorrow's your birthday."
"indeed it is."
"what do you want."
"a space phone case would be dope." we both laughed as we sat there on the top step.

hours later

corbyn and i were sitting on the roof of his house looking at the stars. it was quiet until corbyn spoke.

"how have the nights been?"
"slowly but surely getting better."
"your nightmares don't seem that bad anymore."
"they aren't thankfully"
"can i ask you something?"
"of course corbyn"
"who's alex"

i didn't say anything at first. i put my head down and took a deep breathe.

"he was someone who i loved for long time and gave everything to."
"and?"
"and he just didn't love me anymore. one day he was so in love with me and the next he just.. didn't. left me like i was nothing."
"is he the who is always calling you in the middle of the nights on blocked?" i couldn't say anything. i just nodded. tears were falling down my face and corbyn moved next to me and let me put my head on his shoulder.
"he calls sometimes and leaves voicemails telling me i didn't deserve  him. he tells me still loves me. he tells me hates me. he even tells me how worthless i am." by now i'm completely sobbing.
"you do not deserve any of that sage. you're not worthless. and he never deserved you. you're such an amazing person and i hate that you go through this. how come you never told me? or any of the guys."
"you guys were so bus-"
"sage i swear, we are never to busy. if you need something, anything, you can come to any of us."
"i just hate bothering you guys. you're stressed about putting stuff out and all these mini shows." corbyn turned me so i was facing him. he had tears in his eyes.
"whatever you need sage. wether we're at rehearsals or sound checking and you need something, we'd stop anything for you."

i pilled corbyn into a hug and he hugged me tight. we sat like that for a few minutes till corbyns phone started to ring. it was the guys on group facetime. corbyn answered and they all started to talk at once telling him happy birthday. corbyn laughed as jack and zach tried to harmonize through a screen.

corbyn- thanks guys.
jonah- you already know bro
daniel- where's sage?
zach- yeah we miss her

corbyn looked at me and i shook my head. i didn't really want to see anyone else.

corbyn- she's asleep
jonah- right it's late
jack- wait why are you outside
corbyn- stars are beautiful my guy

the guys laughed. i stood up quietly and climbed back in corbyns room. i layed in his bed and got comfortable. corbyn came in a few minutes later, i was already falling asleep.

"yeah she's alright guys. i'm gotta get to bed. see y'all on sunday."

corbyn layed next to me and exhaled.

"you'll be okay."

A/N - id really appreciate it if you guys started voting on the chapters and commenting maybe ? let me know how you guys are liking this so far :))) it'll help with motivation too