21

sage -

last and final show in London. The boys were so pumped. i was sitting in the dressing room waiting for the boys to finish doing whatever they were doing in the venue. my mom called, it's been a while since we talked because of time zones.

hey momma
hey sweetheart, where are you?
uhhh London. sitting in the dressing room waiting for the guys.
London? wow, bet it's beautiful there.
yeah it is, we're walking around tonight after the show.
sounds fun. i just thought id give you a call. we miss you.
i miss you guys too. ill visit one of these days.
okay sweetheart. it's late so im going to head to bed. sweet dreams.
goodnight momma.

i finished my call and jonah walked in.

"hey sage you okay?"
"yeah just got off the phone with my mom."
"sound disappointed"
"i miss her is all."

jonah gave me a smile and walked out.

jonah -

i walked back out to find jon. he was talking to eben.

"hey man i have a question."
"what's up jonah"
"so we'll be in New York in about a week right?"
"yeah"
"could we surprise sage with her parents at the book signing?"
"that's a great idea. ill get in contact with her parents"

jon shook my hand and walked off. i sat on the edge of the stage and texted the group chat with just me and the guys.

jonah: surprising sage with her parents at the signing in New York.
zach: what
daniel: that's dope!
corbyn: how are we gunna do it?
zach: still confused.
jonah: we have an interview that same day in the morning so we'll bring sage out to "answer some questions" and her parents will walk in after.
corbyn: shes gunna cry
daniel: tears of happiness

sage walked out of the dressing room so i put my phone away and helped her carry a box of our merch. we got to the table and she gave me a side hug and went to the back.

"hey man sage okay?" corbyn asked walking up to me.
"she says she is. did anything happen?"
"how would i know?"
"she sleeps in your bunk that's why i asked."
"she doesn't sleep in there. she lays in there till i fall asleep and gets out."
"really?"
"yeah it's been happening for a few days. maybe she's just homesick."

sage -

after separating the merch, i went and laid down in the dressing room. i locked the door and shut off the lights and sat on the sofa. it wasn't quiet but it wasn't loud. i closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"told you guys she was sleeping"
"zach shut up"
"but why was the door locked?"
"maybe she wanted to be alone."
"we literally almost left her in this big venue because we couldn't find her."
"we really gotta go. who's gunna wake her up?"
"seriously?"
"just carry her corbyn"
"why me?"
"because she trusts you dumbass."

the boys were having a whole conversation but i stayed "asleep." i was really exhausted anyways. corbyn picked me up bridal style and i instantly wrapped my arms around his neck and put my face into his shirt.

"see bro she trusts you"
"to a certain extent."
"are you still mad about that alex guy?"
"why would i be mad?"
"don't know man you just seem upset about it."
"im not. she trusts me to an extent and that's fine. we all need to understand that she isn't going to tell us everything."

i felt my body being layed against a bed, probably corbyns bunk. i let out a breathe and turned to my side, expecting him to lay next to me. instead corbyn closed the curtain and went to the lounge. how did they know about alex? i never told anyone about him except alexis. i haven't been sleeping lately so i layed in corbyns bunk for hours until it was quiet in the bus. i crawled out, trying to be as quiet as possible, and accidentally bumped into jack.

"my bad sage"
"it's okay jack. why are you awake?"
"had to pee."

with that jack got into the bunk. i grabbed corbyns space blanket and went to the lounge. corbyn was sleeping on the couch. i covered him and sat across from him on the other couch. he slowly opened his eyes, looked at me, smiled and opened his arms. i sat on the floor in front of him since there wasn't room for me and he patted my head, covered my shoulders and went back to sleep. i smiled to myself and laid my head down on his arm that was around my neck.

im so ready to get back to la.