16

corbyn -

sage went to her room and i went back downstairs with the guys.

"not sleeping with her?" zach asked.
"she wants to sleep alone." i said pulling out my phone. zach set his laptop down and went upstairs. jack was playing fortnite, jonah was on the piano and daniel wasn't home for the night. i sat on the couch, scrolling through Twitter. jack stopped his game and went upstairs.

"Damn it zach what the fuck are you doing" i heard jack raise his voice. i went up the stairs and zach was laying in front of sages door.
"i want to be right here for her, and stop raising your voice. she's asleep" he said sitting up.
"why are you guys fighting?" jonah said coming up.
"zach wants to lay in front of her door" jack said, slightly raising his voice.
"calm down bro. it's not that serious and zach, i get you care but if she wants to be alone, really alone, then let it be" jonah said, being the big brother.
"why does everything have to be about her" jack said walking to the stairs.
"no. let me be a brother, i just want her to be okay"
"yeah well she won't" jack said as sage walked out tears streaming down her face.

"i-ill go somewhere else." she said walking back into her room.
"sage no"
"sage stay"
"jack what the hell man"
she locked her door as zach and i tried to get in.
"go away. leave me alone" she screamed from inside her room. i huffed and zach slid down against the wall. jonah and jack were yelling at each other downstairs. i sat next to zach and listened to my best friends fight and sage sob.

sage -

i know zach layed in front of my door because i heard him humming. i was really just sitting on my bed, thinking. that's when i heard jack yell which made me jump. when he said "why does everything have to be about her" that's when i started crying. did he not like me? i didn't know anyone in LA, besides gabbie. i called her.

hey sage!
hey gabs , where are you?
im at home, why what's up?
im sorry if it's too much to ask, can i stay the night? stuff happened and i don't think im wanted here at the moment.
of course, ill pick you up.
thank you.

i hung up and packed a small bag. i wiped my tears and walked out.

"sage stay please" zach said standing up.
"i can't. jack doesn't want me here"
"but we do"
"im going to gabbies for the night" i said walking downstairs. jack by now was really yelling at jonah but stopped when he saw me.

"sage where are you going?" jonah asked as i put on my shoes.
"a friends." i simply said as i opened the door. jonah grabbed my arm.
"he's drunk sage he didn't mean any of it"
"being drunk doesn't give anyone the excuse for anything. ill be back tomorrow" i walked outside and sat on the sidewalk waiting for gabbie.

since when did jack drink? i thought to myself. he didn't seem like the one to drink at all. i started crying again, i pulled my knees up to my chest and sobbed. gabbie pulled up, got out of the car and sat next to me.

"hey hey it's okay."
"he's drunk supposedly."
"jack?"
"yeah. he got mad again"
"that happens sometimes with me too. im sorry. come on, i already have movies set up at the house."

next morning, still sage pov

when we got to gabbies house and i immediately knocked out. i woke up to my phone buzzing and going crazy.

12 missed calls from Corbyn
6 missed calls from Zach
10 missed calls from Daniel
8 missed calls from Jonah
23 unread messages from corbyn
15 unread messages from Daniel

but that wasn't the reason why my phone was going crazy. my Instagram was blowing up with comments.

"the boys are looking for you!!!"
"why did jack post that?????"
"check Twitter"
"corbyn said to answer him he's worried ?"

those were some , just to name a few. i ignored everything and turned off notifications for all social media apps. i sighed and went to the bathroom, gabbie was still asleep. i washed my face and let tears fall. i leaned against the bathroom and sobbed then my phone started ringing. without looking i answered.

"what do you want" i said rudely.
"sage it's corbyn"
i let out a breathe.
"h-hi corbyn"
"are you okay?"
"im just sad and i guess upset" i said wiping my face.
"he doesn't drink often. i didn't even know he was and i was right next to him."
"it's fine corbyn."
"im on my way to pick you up. there's a place i want to take you"
"n-"
"you're not declining. be there in 10"

he hung up and i stood up to wash my face again.

"sage?"
"yeah"
"corbyn called me." i opened the door. gabbie quickly pulled me into a hug.
"jack gets like this every once in a while. he'll drink then get mad over anything and will over react."
"he seemed really mad" i said wiping my eyes before i let tears falls. gabbie hugged me tighter and led us to her room. she sat with me in complete silence until the door bell rang, causing me to jump slightly. gabbie walked out to open and i stood up to get my shoes and small bag. it was really early and there was a slight breeze coming in from her open window. i took a deep breathe and let it slowly when corbyn tapped my shoulder.

"you're okay" he simple said and hugged me tight. we said bye to gabbie and corbyn drove to the beach. he parked near this cliff and we got out and sat on the edge.

he's really going to be my bestfriend.