32

sage -

I woke up the next morning, my door open so i hear music being played downstairs and the boys talking. I stretch and grab a sweater that was on the floor. I should probably do laundry. I got all my dirty clothes and took them to our laundry room. I started separating my clothes when jonah walked in with his hamper.

"good morning sage"

"morning."

"so the rest of the guys have a studio day, how about me and you set up your art room? I ordered a bunch of different canvases and paints." he said as he helped me put my clothes in the wash.

"wow thank you, jonah. I appreciate that" i gave him a hugged and i walked out so he could separate his laundry. I walked to the kitchen with a smile on my face. daniel and jack were making breakfast. zach was washing dishes, I hopped on the counter and tapped zachs shoulder.

"whats up sage?"

"heard you guys have a studio day?"

"yep we are doing some recording so we wont be home till late. Jonah doesnt have a session so hes staying with you." i nodded and he handed me the silverware to put away. I hopped down and put them away, bumping into corbyn when i turned around.

"whoops sorry corbyn"

"all good, so we're heading to the studio today. come with?"

"i think im going to stay with jonah today. I could use a day away from you guys" i said causing corbyn to laugh.

"hey we heard that!" daniel said pointing his spatula to me. I laughed and hopped back on the counter. corbyn stood inbetween me and zach. Zach was surprisingly on twitter.

"guys i need help with a tweet"

"how about "i haven't tweeted since last year"" jack said laughing.

"Ha ha very funny, sage help"

"Uhhh"

"guess im not tweeting" zach said opening up instagram. He pointed the camera at me and corbyn. I hugged corbyns head and he smiled. Zach had the peace sign up and he took the picture and posted it. I laughed and messed up corbyns hair that wasnt done to begin with.

jonah and i were at this craft store in hollywood looking for a painting table. he went to the other side of the store and i went to the other. i had a basket of smaller paints, brushes, paint primer and a painting pad. i walked down an aisle and bumped into someone.

"oh i'm sorry"
"no worrie- sage?" i got a look at who it was. my heart immediately started to race.
"oh hello alex."
"how are you? what are you doing here?" he started to get closer to me. i stepped away but still kept a smile.
"i'm um i'm here visiting a friend."
"just a friend? ive seen your instagram."
"i um i"
"sage , babe , i found the table" thank god for jonah. i quickly walked over to him and he put his arm around me.
"hi i'm jonah, sages boyfriend."
"ah right. well i should get going. see you around sage" he walked away from me and jonah and i took a deep breathe.
"who was that sage?"
"i-it it was alex"

third person -

sage sat in her bathtub quietly sobbing. the boys were at a studio session, she couldn't get out bed for her to go. she finally got the strength to get in the shower. she was having a bad day but she didn't want to bother the guys. she knew they were working on this ep and wanted to get it finished.
"why. why am i like this? he hasn't contacted me since before i moved" she said to herself as she splashed water on her face. she immediately broke down. she brought her knees up to her chest and rocked back and forth.

"sage i'm home!" she looked up, only hearing jonahs voice. she pounded on the wall, her and jonahs code knock. she got enough strength to stand up and wrap herself in a towel. jonah knocked on her door and she knocked on her wall, signaling he can come in. he rushed into her room.
"sage? sage where are you?"
"i-in the bathroom" he walked in, saw her tear-stained face, and bloodshot eyes. he sat next to her and hugged her as she sobbed into his chest.
"why does everyone leave me. why do i always mess up" jonah shushed sage as he held her tighter.
"you have to calm down sage. you have to relax. everything is okay. you're okay. you're okay.

back to sage -

"i-it it was alex" was all i said facing jonah. he hugged me tightly.

"you're okay. you're okay i'm right here. slow deep breaths." he calmed me down. i took a deep breathe and we kept walking, his arm around my shoulder.

"jonah should the elephant or white tiger go here?"
"ahhh i like the hippos better" he said laughing at me struggling to put the elephant painting on the wall. i slightly kicked his leg and he handed me the hippos and i hung it up.

"i never knew you had so many paintings. where did you keep them?"
"under the bed. i thought it was silly."
"come on, we're all artists"
"you guys are the real artists. i just make shitty watercolor paintings of random stuff" i said sitting on the stool jonah finished setting up. i looked around the room. we painted the room, hung up lights, hung up my paintings, put together two painting tables and 6 different easels.

"thank you for this jonah. i love it."
"anything to put you at ease when we leave and you stay." we sat in the room in silence for a few before he spoke again.
"i'm sorry that you saw alex and i'm sorry i wasn't there"
"it was bound to happen. but thank you for coming when you did. pretty sure you scared him off by saying you were my boyfriend" i said with a laugh and shoving his shoulder.
"i didn't know what to say so i just said that alright" he said putting his hands up in defense.

"we're home and have food" we hear from the kitchen. we walk out laughing because we were covered in paint.

"woah did you guys have paint wars" corbyn said giving me a hug.
"not exactly. guys come on i want to show you something"
"but pizzaaaaa" zach said grabbing the pizza box. i walked them to the room and opened the door. they all walked in with surprised faces.

"sage wow"
"did you do this?"
"well me and jonah did it"
"i mean these paintings. they're so"
"beautiful"
"how come you never told us you painted? these are so good sage"
"thought it was silly. and i haven't had inspiration for it since tour. i realized it when corbyn and i went to the effiel tower. i realized i wanted to get back into it" i said walking over to corbyn and looking up at him. he hugged me and the guys walked around looking at the paintings we put up.

"i like the hippos" daniel said laughing to himself. zach grabbed my sketch book and looked through.

"are these naked women?" zach asked showing me the sketch.
"it is and it's a supposed to show that all women, different sizes, are all beautiful." i said showing him the the next page of the same sketch, but painted. all races. all body types.
"you're something else sage. these are beautiful." he said looking at me with a nod. i smiled and walked out to the kitchen.

"you really are talented sage."jack said grabbing a slice of pizza.
"thank you. how was the studio"
"pretty good. we finished a song. the ep is almost done." he said smiling. the guys all walked out and sat around eating and watching tv.