6

sage -

i woke up around 6am for no reason at all. i looked around the room and was confused at first then i remembered that im now in LA. i got up and made corbyns bed and grabbed my phone, which was plugged into a charger. maybe jonah plugged it in. i walked downstairs and no one was awake. corbyn was asleep on the couch. the sun was shining through the white curtains in the living room. i made myself some coffee and picked out the mug jonah got for me last night. i sat outside in the front lawn and admired the beautiful, busy, city.

"oh you're up" someone said from behind me. i looked back and it was jonah.
"jesus jonah you scared me but yes i am up. i just woke up actually"
"i see you made coffee too"
"i left some in the pot for you" i said as he sat next to me with a coffee cup. i let out a small laugh when he sat down.
"la is so loud"
"it is but you get used to it"
"new york was worst. i like this."

the boy didn't respond. instead he drank his coffee and we sat there in comfortable silence until i broke it.

"corbyn said you guys have news for me?"
"oh yeah he told me jack didn't tell you. how dumb"
"should i be worried?"
"not at all. but i think we should wait till everyone wakes up and then we'll tell you"
"that's fine, what are you doing today?"
"i think im going to go to the beach with tate. not sure yet"

i nodded and took a sip of my coffee. jonah went in soon after and i stayed on the lawn. i texted my parents but didn't get a reply. i took my phone out and scrolled through instagram. i noticed it was 7 and thought id get ready for the day. i walked to my car and it was empty. i was completely confused so i walked in and corbyn was now up.

"good morning corbyn, did you guys empty my car last night?"
"we did actually. we thought itd be a nice thing to do" he said smiling at me.
"wow thank you. i appreciate it. can i ask where my room is?"
"yeah come on" he said getting up. he didn't have a shirt so he grabbed his blanket to cover himself. pretty respectful. we walked up the stairs and it was at the end of the hall.

"we just set the boxes around but jack insisted that we made the bed." corbyn said scratching his neck.
"it's fine thank you. i guess ill start sorting everything out"
the boy walked out, closing my door. i let out a breathe and tied up my hair. i played music from my phone, not too loud, and started putting my clothes away in the dresser that was already in the room. i hung up whatever clothes i wanted hanged. i opened the box full of my bathroom stuff and carried it to the bathroom which was next to my room.

"morning"
"oh morning zach. i was just putting my stuff away." i said grabbing my shampoo and conditioner.
"you have a bathroom in your room"
"i do?"
"yeah come here" he led me back to my room and opened the door next to my closet.
"see"
"oh wow i thought that was like a storage closet"
"we all thought it was respectful for you to have your own bathroom."
"well thank you."
"no problem. do you need any help?"
"hmm i do actually. can you help me put up my lights?"
"yeah for sure"

i stepped out of my room to get my bathroom stuff and bumped into jack.

"my bad jack, zach just told me i had my own bathroom and i didn't even know" i said with a laugh.
"you're good and yep. sorry i just woke up but howd you sleep?" he asked following me to the bathroom where my stuff was.
"pretty good actually. corbyns blanket was warm."
he laughed and grabbed the box from my hands. i smiled and we walked into my room. zach was using a mini ladder and was putting nails around the wall, trying to make a heart. jack and i laughed at him struggling and set my box on the bathroom counter. i thanked him and he walked out. i put everything where it needed to be and walked back out. zach was looking at one of my pictures.

"are these your parents?"
"yep"
"only child?"
"yeah they didn't want to try after me. they like to joke i was too much"
"you look pretty here. you also look so much like your mom"
"thanks and i get that a lot"
"well i have to shower but jonah said breakfast in 30"
"im going to shower too and ill be down"
zach walked out and closed my door. really glad that they do that. i picked out a white off the shoulder shirt and simple black ripped jeans and jumped in the shower.

i wonder what this news is.