Never Break Your Heart - Imagine For Kay

Ashton Imagine For SixxAM2016

"Kay, seriously, just tell me what's wrong!" Ashton had just returned with a blanket for you both. He sat down and wrapped it around you, making sure you had the bigger share.

Ashton was worried, because ever since he told you he loved you, you'd been acting a little strange. You replied in silence, causing him to sigh. "You're freaking me out," he wrapped his arm over your shoulder and you rested your head on his chest. "It's because of what I said isn't it?" He mumbled quietly and you froze.

It took Ashton all the courage he had to tell you he loved you, and was torn apart when you couldn't say it back. "What do you mean?" You spoke finally.

"Kay, I told you I loved you and you pretty much dismissed it. I'm trying to pretend I'm fine, but it's killing me inside," he told you quietly, his heart beating violently against his ribcage.

You turned slightly to look up at him. The reason you didn't say it back was because you were afraid. You were afraid he'd said those words without meaning, and afraid he'd break your heart after you told him you loved him back.

But you noticed something in him when you locked eyes. Something you hadn't seen in anyone else. He studied your features, trying to read your mind and predict your next words.

"I love you too," you told him and let out a breath he'd been holding. "You're not just saying that?" He asked and you shook your head. "I was just scared, when you told me, shocked," you explained and he nodded quickly.

"Is that why you've been acting weird? Because you didn't say it back?" He asked, trying to understand. He bit his lip when you shook your head, more confused than ever. "I was afraid you didn't mean it," you admitted quietly and his eyebrows furrowed. "Why on earth wouldn't I mean it?" He asked, lifting a hand up to your dark hair. "I've heard it before.. And they didn't mean it. They broke my heart," you told him, frowning at the memory.

His lips parted and he shook his head slowly. "I'd never break your heart, you know that, right?" He said, shocked to think you'd considered that. "Really?" You asked and he wrapped both arms around you, pulling you back into his chest.

"Why would I do that? I love you too much," he mumbled into your hair and you closed your eyes. "I needed to know you meant it," you replied and he kissed the top of your head. "I mean it more than anything."

A/N: my first exam is done. 7 to go! Thank you so much for all the good luck wishes, I didn't expect so many! x