Meeting The Parents - Imagine For Megan

Luke Imagine For inspire_me_today

"Babe, I'm physically shaking," Luke mumbled. You looked up at him from your phone and saw his arms practically twitching non-stop whilst hanging onto the steering wheel. "Luke!" You placed a hand on his shoulder and you noticed him relax immediately. "Megan."

"Please don't cause a car crash because of this, you're just meeting my parents," you tried to comfort him but his breath hitched again. "Stop reminding me," he grumbled through gritted teeth. "There's nothing to be worried about, they alre-"

"Nothing to be worried about?" His head snapped towards you. "Eyes on the road, Hemmings," you poked his cheek and he regained his focus. "What about me like... Tripping, or something. Or insulting them, or saying something stupid, or eating messy or spilling stuff or what if your dad hates me? What if he chases me out of the house, huh?" He rambled on adorably and you had to stifle a laugh.

"Breath Luke," you said in amusement. "Relax. Calm down," you placed a hand on his thigh. "Really?" He asked seriously. "What?" You noticed a scowl on his face. "Your dad won't be too pleased if I show up at your front door with a-" "Okay," you retracted your hand immediately.

Only minutes later and Luke's hand seemed to be having an intense inner conflict about knocking on the door. "Do it already!" You whispered harshly after the third time he pulled away from knocking. "Uh.." You groaned and took his hand in yours, forcing it up to the door and knocking three times. His eyes widened, "I'm out," he spun on his heels and went to run for the car. "Luke!" You grabbed him by the collar and pulled. Unfortunately you pulled a little too hard, causing him to stumble... Right into the arms of your father. "Oh my god," you laughed and Luke quickly stood up, brushing himself off. "Sir," he said, his voice a little higher than usual. Your dad seemed a little more than amused, "Luke, nice to finally meet you," he said and ushered you both in. Your mum shook his hand and you all spoke for a few minutes before sitting down to eat. Luckily Luke didn't make any more of a fool of himself during the little chat.

Dinner was going well, your mum asked him about school and all the generic things an adult would talk to a teenager about, and Luke seemed to be getting less nervous.

This fortune didn't last long though, because as soon as you asked him to pour you some lemonade, the second blunder of the night occurred. His hand somehow slipped and the lemonade managed to spill everywhere, including your favourite dress. "Luke!" You shouted and as soon as he composed himself he started frantically throwing napkins all over you. "Megan, I'm so sorry, I told you this would happen," he said sadly, the shakiness in his voice told you he was close to crying.

"Luke, Luke," your mum was instantly out of her chair and helping him out. "What would happen, sweetie?" She asked as she started cleaning the mess on the table, dripping onto the floor. You noticed he was shaking again, "mess everything up," he mumbled and looked up at your dad, who was trying his hardest not to laugh. Luke turned a bright red and you placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It was an accident Luke, you don't need to be worried around us," your mum assured him.

After changing and returning to the table, dessert and the rest of the night flowed without any other major dramas. Luckily, your parents seemed to really like him, and he couldn't be happier.

"I better get going," Luke said and your mother stood up immediately, going to give him a hug. "It was so nice finally meeting you," she said and he beamed. "You too," he mumbled, looking down at his shoes. Your dad shook his hand and you all led him out with a smile on his face.

The only thing your mum had to say after he left was, "awkward but polite...and cute too." You laughed and agreed with her. "Clumsy," your dad chimed in, "perfect for you."

A/N: SocialCasualtyxo is absolutely amazing, and I am strongly suggesting you check out her stuff. Because she's fab. Okay? Okay. And also, thank you to everyone who reads my stuff, as IF it's like almost 700K reads? Insanity.