He's A Nerd & You Reject Him (Part 1)

He's A Nerd & You Reject Him (Requested by Niallcupcakes123)

A/N: So the requester asked to do 'He's a nerd and you reject him to protect him from your abusive boyfriend.' But writer's block got the best of me in trying to differentiate them so two follow that, and two are a bit different.

Ashton:

You were working with Ashton, the smartest guy in chemistry, on a small research task together. He was terribly quiet. So quiet, in fact, that him working with you was your first time hearing his voice other than the times he said 'present' to the roll call. "Y-Y/N?" He looked up at you shyly. You'd finished the task 20 minutes early thanks to him and he'd just managed to break the awkward silence. "Yeah?" You asked, curious as to what he had to say. He fiddled with his pen and bit his lip. "I uhm.. Well, w-would you maybe want to go out w-with me?" He asked incredibly shyly. You wanted so badly to say 'yes', but your boyfriend would torture him worse than he already does if he saw you two together out of school. "Ashton," you started. He already sensed the rejection in your voice and turned away slightly, avoiding your gaze. "You don't know how much I'd love to. But Aiden..." You trailed off, hoping he'd understand. "He doesn't have to know," he mumbled. "He'd never leave you alone if he found out," you added. "I just wanted to take a chance and ask out the m-most beautiful and kindest girl in school," he said quietly. You were pretty sure you heard your heart shatter. "I don't know why I thought you'd say 'yes'," he added, shaking his head slightly. "Ashton," you placed your hand on his shoulder to get him to look at you. But the bell rang, and he was up and out of the classroom before anyone else, running down the halls.

Calum:

You were sitting with your group of friends out the front of the school, chatting about up and coming exams and events. You were in the midst of a deep soliloquy about the irrelevance of a particular essay question when another one of your friends, Eleisha, came running up to the table. "Y/N, run," she said, but it was in amusement. You raised your eyebrows at her. She leaned over the table and everyone shifted forward to hear her. "I overheard the nerds talking and Calum said he likes you," she informed, she looked momentarily at you. "They've been convincing him to come and ask you out, I think he's going to," she laughed and gave you a look of mock sympathy. The urge to stand up for him was overwhelming, but you knew better than to say something like that to her. You turned around and saw Calum standing up, making his way towards your group. He waved shyly at you and you waved back. The group laughed quietly and the informer sat down. Everyone suddenly became extremely immersed in their text books and phones, but were taking amused glances towards you with smirks on their lips. "Hey Y/N," he said quietly. "Hey," you said back, ignoring the nudging from the friend beside you. His eyes darted nervously to the audience of girls obviously analysing his every move. "Would you like to go out with me?" He asked finally. You opened your mouth to say 'yes' but the giggles of all the girls silenced you. Calum's cheeks burned red and he took a step back, looking back up at you whilst biting on the side of his cheek. Another girl scrunched up a piece of paper and threw it at him, causing the entire group to burst out laughing. You noticed Calum's eyes begin to water, but not even that could stop you from making the most terrible and cowardly decision. You shook your head slowly, "sorry Calum," you said quietly, unable to look him in the eyes. He nodded once and walked back to his three friends, who comforted him with open arms. "I can't believe he thought he had a chance." Everyone laughed again. You looked back at his group and saw him staring at you. 'I'm sorry' you mouthed, but he just shook his head.

Luke:

It was after school and you were waiting for your boyfriend Tyler to come and take you home. You were leaning lazily against a wall, engrossed in this new app you downloaded. "H-hey, Y/N." You heard from beside you. You took your earphones out and saw Luke, probably the smartest but most teased guy at school, due to his interesting choices in wardrobe, walking towards you shyly. "Hey, Luke!" You replied happily. He beamed, "you know my name?" He asked in disbelief. "Sure I do," you laughed and put away your phone. He awkwardly leaned against the wall beside you and looked down at his feet, which were crossed and bent in a weird way. "I-I'm just going to say this, okay?" He asked. "Sure, go for it," you leaned in to hear him properly. "I think you're really pretty. And I'd like to take you out to dinner sometime," he said somewhat confidently. You smiled and was about to accept before you saw your boyfriend appear from around the corner. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" You weren't sure who he was talking to. "Y/N, what does this loser want from you?" He asked harshly. Luke stepped away quickly. "Huh?" Tyler stepped towards Luke, who now really wanted to run away. "What were you talking about?" He turned to you. "Just about this Chemistry thing," you tried to protect him. Tyler laughed. "I'm not an idiot, I heard what you asked from around the corner." Tyler backed Luke up against the wall and gripped his shirt. "And what's your answer, Y/N?" He asked, his eyes now on you. You gulped. "It's 'no'." You said sadly, trying to communicate to Luke through your eyes that you really wanted to say otherwise. "And why is that?" He asked you. "Because I'm with you," you answered. "Yes, but why else?" He prodded. You knew where he was getting at, and you knew he wouldn't let Luke go unless you did what would make him happy. You sighed. "Because he's a loser," you said. Luke's head snapped to you instantly and his bottom lip began to quiver. "And?" Tyler shoved him harder against the wall by his shirt. You took a deep breath, trying to calm yourself enough to do what would protect him. "He's pathetic," you said. "Tell him," Tyler let go of Luke's shirt and shoved him towards you. Luke looked you in the eyes, and you tried so hard to tell him the truth with yours. "You're pathetic," you said. Tyler grabbed him by the collar and pulled him away from you. "You heard that? She hates you. So don't even think about speaking to her again." He shoved him away and wrapped his arm around you, leading you to his car. You looked back and caught his eye. He simply nodded, you didn't know what it meant exactly, but you hoped he understood.

Michael:

You opened your locker ready to pack your things at the end of the day when a small, pink, origami heart fell out. You picked the paper up off the floor and examined it, but both sides were blank. You shrugged and put it in your pocket. You started to pack your things when you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned around and saw Michael, the nerdiest, but in your eyes, most adorable guy in school staring at you. He adjusted his glasses before he spoke. "I put that heart there," he said simply, shifting from foot to foot. By now a few people have noticed Michael speaking to you, and some crowded to hear what he had to say. "Thank you, but what for?" You asked in curiosity. Michael started to notice the few eyes on him and froze. Someone laughed at him and his face burned red. He took a deep breath and looked directly into your eyes. "I really like you, do you want to go out with me?" He asked a little too loudly, probably wanting to prove to everyone he could do it. "Woah!" Someone in the growing crowd exclaimed. "The nerd speaks!" They laughed. "He actually asked out a girl. Guys, Michael's asking Y/N out!" Another person called loudly. The crowd became even bigger, and all eyes were on you ready for your answer. Michael's eyes were the worst of all, they were pleading not only just so he wouldn't be humiliated, but you could tell he also really, really liked you. "What is it Y/N, going out with the nerd?" Someone yelled at you. Countless other taunts were thrown your way before you couldn't take it anymore. "No, I'm sorry Michael." You shook your head. The crowd laughed and his jaw dropped. He was sure you were nice enough to accept. "You actually thought she'd say 'yes'?" A person beside him teased. He shook his head at you and pushed through the crowd to get away. Everyone dispersed quickly enough, and you continued packing your things. Once you were done you took out the heart from your pocket. You decided to unfold it to see if there may be a message. When you did, you saw something written in small, cursive handwriting. It read, 'you are my sunshine :)' You folded it immediately and shoved it back into your pocket, appalled at yourself for what you did to him.

A/N: I woke up with 164 notifications, 100K reads and like over 20 requests for a part 2. IT IS COMING IN A FEW HOURS. Comment which was your fave and seriously, request anything you have in mind (either comment or inbox, I prefer inbox), I do imagines now too!