Books You Read Together

Books You Read Together (Requested By dark99kat)

A/N: SPOILERS AHEAD OKAY. LIKE MAJOR ONES. The title of each book is before the pref, so read at your own risk, some direct quotes are used!

Ashton:

'The Fault In Our Stars'

You were bundled up in numerous blankets on the sofa of yours and Ashton's apartment. There was nothing to do but flick aimlessly through random television channels. You stopped when a horror movie appeared, leaving it on when you realised it was on one of those silent and suspenseful moments before the huge jump. You sat there waiting before a dark figure emerged from the doorway beside the television. "OH MY GOD," you shouted and the figure stepped back, "sorry," you heard him say timidly. You turned the television down and Ashton approached you slowly, 'The Fault In Our Stars' in his hands and tears running down his cheeks. You stood up immediately, "I understand," you chuckled, wrapping your arms around his torso. He sniffled, "Augustus," he mumbled, hugging you back. "I know," you said into the crook of his neck. "How dare you make me read this," he managed to laugh quietly through his tears. "Sorry," you mumbled. "If Hazel dies I'm done," he said and you pulled away. "Keep reading," you said simply and he pouted. "I wanna snuggle for now. I need to take advantage of the fact that my love is still with me," he said, bursting into more tears. "Geez, Ash, I did not expect it to hit you this hard," you rubbed his upper arm soothingly and he pouted, "don't you dare tell any of the guys, promise?" he mumbled and you pulled him by his sweater to the sofa, "promise," you grabbed the book from his hand and placed it on the coffee table. He climbed under the blankets with you and laid his head on your shoulder. He was silent for a moment as you turned the television back up, "maybe 'promise' could be our 'okay'?" He suggested and you saw him looking up at you with more tears brimming his eyes. "Okay Ash, promise."

Calum:

'Catching Fire'

"What," you said as you read the last page of the book. "What?!" You asked again and Calum came running in from the kitchen with a knowing look on his face. "Mhmm," he said as he went and sat down next to you. "What do you mean there's no District 12?" You screamed at the book and Calum glared at you. "I haven't been able to start 'Mockingjay' because of you so I've been asking myself this question for two days," he mumbled and you looked up at him guiltily. "Sorry, I wasn't going to let you start it without me," you said and he rolled his eyes. "Well I've already got it downloaded so," he ran to his room and brought out his physical copy, handing it to you and taking 'Catching Fire' from your hands. "Let's get started," he challenged, "slowest reader has to give free massages for a week," he said, running to his room to put the book back whilst also opening the ebook on his phone. "Deal!" You shouted as you opened the final book immediately. "I can already sense some major character deaths holding this book," you said and he pouted whilst walking back towards you. "Effie better live."

Luke:

'Breaking Dawn'

You'd made Luke read 'The Twilight Saga', after days of begging of course. Now only a few weeks later and Luke was already on the final book. You smirked as you saw him engrossed in it, his eyebrows furrowing at parts and smiling adorably at others. You sat on the other end of the sofa with your feet in his lap, just admiring him reading and watching him in his own other world. He, of course, denied enjoying the saga at all, that he was only reading for you, though you could tell he liked it. You were drifting into another world of your own until you noticed a light blush on his cheeks. "Luke?" You mumbled and he looked up, closing the book quickly. He coughed, "hmm?" He raised his eyebrows and shifted under your feet nervously. "What are you up to?" You smirked and he gulped, "uh," you crawled over quickly and snatched the book off him quickly, keeping the page. He tried to get it off you but you stood up on the sofa and started reading dramatically, "He pulled my face to his with a sudden fierceness, a low moan in his throat. The sound sent the electric current running through my body into a near-frenzy, like I couldn't get close enough to him fast enough," you said and Luke just lay there embarrassed. "Were you seriously blushing at this?" You teased him and he of course blushed some more, "shut up," he mumbled. "You're cute," you said, sitting back down and handing the book back to him. He placed the book on the floor beside him and before you realised what was happening, he was hovering over you with his lips on your neck. "Luke," you giggled, he pulled away and studied your face. "Who's blushing now?" He smirked and you rolled your eyes, "touché."

Michael:

'Allegiant'

"No," you heard Michael whisper. "No, no, no," he chanted, and you knew what part he was up to. "Tris?!" He shouted and stood up with the book still in his hands. "Oh god no," he said and you had to hold your hand to your mouth to stifle a laugh. "You're not going to die!" He yelled and you looked down, already knowing the answer. You could tell he was really distressed, he was pacing the room restlessly before he froze. "Her mum?" He whispered. "Oh no, I'm actually going to cry," he whispered. He walked and sat down beside you and you snuggled up next to him as he read. "I can't read it," he said finally, handing it to you. "Do you want me to read it to you?" You asked, looking up to the tears already brimming his eyes, he nodded slowly. You opened the book and he pointed to where he was up to. You took a deep breath, "I feel a thread tugging me again, but this time I know that it isn't some sinister force dragging me toward death. This time I know it's my mother's hand, drawing me into her arms. And I go gladly into her embrace. Can I be forgiven for all I've done to get here? I want to be. I can. I believe it." You said as clearly as you could, and you looked up to him and saw him staring at your lips. "Wow," he said and you nodded. "That's so freaking sad," he muttered as his head fell onto your shoulder. "I know," you replied.

A/N: so I love all these books to death. This was super cool to write, your requests are amazing! Trying to fix blankness