Levi x Insane!Reader ~ My Demons

Warning: Angst, Violence

Summary: Something ticks in you when you see Levi training with a cadet, soon after killing the cadet you get sent to an asylum. Visited daily by Levi who checked up on you.

This is set in the original AoT Universe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

// Flashback \

The titans have been exterminated, humanity was free to live outside the walls with Historia still as queen. The Scouting Legion had been highly praised ever since humanity broke free from its restraints. Even though some soldiers were still a little bit shaken up from the experience it didn't really bother them that much so they could live their lives happily with their loved ones.

Except for you of course,

During the last Expedition to finally eliminate the titans Levi was grabbed by one, you, being the only one around sprung into action and quickly killed the beast and helping your captain. That's where it clicked in your head.

Levi had always been in danger all his life, from living in the underground to being in the Survey Corps risking his life every day. You knew he had to be protected.

And that's what you did.

One day you saw Levi sparring with some cadet and they managed to land a kick on Levi's side which sent you into hysterics. You strangled the cadet to death as Levi and some others tried to pry your grip off from around the young person's neck. But you had already finished what you started.

Not long after you were soon sent into a mental institution due to your violence and multiple attempted murders on soldiers who came in physical contact with Levi, exclaiming you were only protecting your captain by eliminating possible threats to him.

// End of Flashback \

Sitting in your padded room you had both your hands cuffed and held down to the ground to stop you from possibly harming yourself or anyone who entered your new home. Leaning against the wall you rested your head back against it, closing your eyes wondering how Levi was. The short man would visit you from time to time checking to see if you had gained back any of your lost sanity from the doctors.

Quietly humming to yourself you sat in silence before opening your E/C eyes and peering out the window watching the clouds dance across the bright blue sky. A light click of the door alerted you that someone entered your room, turning your head towards the door at the far side of the room you grinned at the sight of Levi closing the door behind him before turning to you. ''How are you?'' Levi's voice sounded angelic to you which made you grin more ''I'm doing alright... how are you Captain?'' you didn't even bother dropping formalities since it wasLevi you were speaking to, you needed to respect him. Levi shrugged in response making you sit up abruptly ''what's wrong? did someone hurt you? tell me! I'll kill them for you'' worry was laced in your voice as you looked to the man who rolled his eyes walking net to you and leaning against the wall looking down to you. ''Nothing's wrong, nobody hurt me, just damn paperwork I got earlier is annoying'' he replied as you calmed offering a smile.

''What's happened to you Y/N? You were never like this before...'' Levi furrowed his eyebrows down to you, biting your lip you didn't take your gaze off him. ''I only want to protect you, I hate when those disgusting pigs lay their hands on you'' you sigh. ''But they aren't hurting me if they did I'd obviously beat them and make sure they begged for mercy'' Levi said as he took out a key from his pocket, kneeling down you watched him as he cautiously unlocked the handcuffs which restrained you before he backed up a few steps. Twisting and rubbing your wrists you snickered ''why thank you captain! Even though you shouldn't be afraid of me... I'd never lay a hand on you, only on those who hurt you'' you reassure him as he clicks his tongue.

You and Levi were in deep conversation for a few hours he genuinely thought you were back to your normal self until he mentioned combat training making you flinch and growl at the thought of it. Looking at the small watch on his wrist Levi sighed before motioning you back for to your handcuffs. Sending him a pout you placed both your hands in the handcuffs as they once again restrained you to the ground, kneeling down Levi locked them and made they didn't open before he stood up and walked to the door.

''Wait! you're going already?'' you called out to him as he nodded to you. ''I'll be back, don't worry... Just focus on getting better'' Levi muttered to you as you smiled hearing him say he'll be back yet.. he had an upset look on his face. ''Alright Levi! Goodnight! I'll see ya later!'' you smiled to him as he sighed gripping the door handle ''bye Y/N..'' he whispered sounding like he was about to cry. Walking without another word leaving you in the plain white padded room by yourself again.

Except this time he never came back.