Levi x Adopted!Reader

Request: could you do a scenario where levi's daughter is sitting with the cadets having fun but then jean makes a remark that she doesn't look like levi at all then later in the night she asks levi about it and he gives her the talk that she was adopted

Sorry I haven't posted this earlier! My power kept going out throughout my town

Warning: Cursing, Angst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You ate happily with your friends, sitting beside Armin and Sasha telling jokes. ''Jeez Jean why are you with humans? go back to the stables to your family'' I giggle to him, he rolls his eyes smirking while the table erupted in laughter gaining some looks from other tables. I laugh holding onto my stomach before regaining my composure waiting for him to retort ''you can't say much Y/N for the corporal's daughter you look nothing like him, and you definitely don't have some parts of his personality'' Jean snickers to me, the table immediately going silent so have other tables and people after hearing Jean sneer that.

I look down to my lap quietly ''Jean I think you went a little too far'' Armin says softly while motioning to me. ''Are you alright Y/N?'' Mikasa looks over to me, I nod my head before getting up ''be right back..'' I mumble walking out of the mess hall. I could hear Eren scream at him from back inside the mess hall.

// Levi's P.O.V \

I kept an eye on the table where Y/N sat with her friends, they suddenly burst out into laughter slowly quieting down. I roll my eyes at them, about to pick up my tea before Jean said something to Y/N ''you can't say much Y/N for the corporal's daughter you look nothing like him, and you definitely don't have some parts of his shitty personality'' my eyes shot up to the table across from the superiors seeing Y/N's mood go to complete shit before she stands up and leaves. It's true I adopted her when she was a baby and she clearly said before to multiple people that the thought of being adopted was like a stranger kidnapping you and forcing you to live with them. She didn't like the idea and I just didn't know why.

I got up and followed her outside the mess hall, glaring at Kierschien as I pass by the table.

// Your P.O.V \

I stormed down the corridor, I knew me and my father looked nothing alike and didn't act the same but I still just clung to that string of hope that I wasn't adopted. I didn't like the thought of being brought into a completely different family, it just gave me the feeling of not belonging so I continued to tell myself it was okay.

It really wasn't, I raced down the stone corridor violently rubbing my eyes with my sleeves trying to stop the tears.

// Time Skip \

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day, refusing to open the door for my friends who tried helping me. I was done on telling myself something that could be a lie, I've convinced myself for my entire life.

I got out of my bed looking in the mirror at my reflection, red puffy E/C eyes with tear-stained cheeks. I didn't care though, I gently opened my door hearing it creak and I set out to find my fathers office.

Once I arrived at the door of it I noticed Hanji heading towards me, a soft smile graced across her lips ''how are you feeling Y/N? I heard Kierschien got a little too big for his boots'' she said resting a hand on her hip looking down to me, I nod ''well.. I'm going to talk to dad about it now..'' I respond. Hanji nods at me in reassuring.

I walk into the office, my eyes meeting my fathers and his gaze softens on me.''I've made Kierchien do stable duty for 3 months, he also had to clean the HQ until it shines'' Levi said sitting back in his large chair ''I wanted to talk to you about what he said'' he continues, I nod and sit in front of him. My heartbeat quickening it's pace as I hope for the best.

''I'm going to be straightforward Y/N you deserve to know'' he declared, I fiddle with my thumbs anxiously ''you're adopted'' Levi's words seemed to slice and cut through me as if I were a thin page. ''I know how much you don't want like being the one that was adopted, I know you might want to go and find your real parents and I know how uncomfortable you would be in my presence Y/N'' Levi watched me look blankly into space ''so you knew my parents..'' I said Levi nods ''why did they give me up? was I a mistake? did they not love me enough.. that's it probably... they're probably some rich pigs in Sina, getting accidentally pregnant then they just get rid of me like I'm some animal the second I enter the world'' I seeth bitterly my fist tightening from anger.

''The thing I don't like about adoption is that the poor child doesn't know what they've done wrong to their real parents! Why were they thrown away like a piece of plastic? Why do they get this feeling that they've never really had a family'' I continue ''Y/N they gave you to me because they knew I would take care of you, they lived in the underground but they just couldn't care for a child'' Levi says watching me become more furious about the pigs that left me.

''I gotta admit they were pigs but you don't need to worry about them, they're gone'' Levi said reaching across the desk lightly rubbing my hand. ''You're my daughter, even if you are fucking adopted that wouldn't change a thing'' I smile to him and hug him.

''Thanks dad..''