Levi x Dragon Rider!Reader ~ Companion

Warning: Angst, Cursing

P.S! Your dragon looks like Toothless from how to train your dragon

D/N - Dragon name

D/N is a he!

Summary: As a child, you found a mysterious creature you thought didn't exist, a dragon cub. As the years went on the both of you grew an unbreakable bond and trust, you went through a court case with the Survey Corps to allow you to use your companion in battle, people took a liking to your friend immediately.

But you end up getting shot down from mid-air by an unknown source, what will happen?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You flew above the Scouts, gliding along through the sky as dropped the soft reins belonging to D/N letting him glide carefree in the air, his wide wings spread out to their maximum letting the wind work over and beneath them. Running a hand through your hair you sat up looking at the view whilst petting D/N's neck ''the expedition seemed like a success to me we had little to no casualties!'' you smile down to your companion who let out a low growl in agreement. Looking at the soldiers below, somewhere in the shade of D/N high above them whilst others were spread across the ground, the sounds of horses running along grass filled the air except for a few groans and mewls from D/N as you talked to him.

Your eyes finally landed on the squad to your right, Levi Squad. Levi rode his black stallion in the front occasionally taking glances back to his squad every now and then until he lifted his grey orbs up to the sky which you soared across. Meeting his gaze you threw him a smile, Levi nodded and returned his gaze ahead of him. You felt D/N go higher making you instinctively hold onto the reigns while hugging onto his scaley form until he was skyrocketing upwards. ''D/N you want to do the dropping thing?'' you asked as D/N leveled out now hundreds of meters far from the ground. Looking over his shoulder he nodded to you ''alright but don't wait too long to catch me or else Levi will have a heart attack got it?'' you say watching the dragon nod his head waiting for you to drop off his back. Loosening yourself from his saddle you sat up letting go of the reigns before leaning your weight to the side dropping off your friend a few seconds later. Falling through the sky with a grin plastered onto your face as you watched D/N dive down after you retracting his wings as he arrived in front of you sticking out his tongue playfully. Looking to the ground you saw Levi with a mortified face, Erwin raised his eyebrow knowing you were doing the usual messing about and Hanji looked excited for some reason.

''Y/N WHAT THE FUCK!?'' you hear Levi screech out loudly to you as he watches both your and your companions figure dive towards the ground. A few meters before you hit the ground you watched as D/N went below you and spread out his wings immediately catching you as you both go flying upwards in a fit of laughter. ''Now that was good!'' you giggle, D/N purred in agreement.

// Time Skip \

As you were heading through the small forest silence filled the sky apart from birds chirping. Watching Levi and the others with a small smile playing at your lips as you darted ahead of the group seeing HQ a while away in the distance. Too caught up in the moment you failed to notice a loud boom come from afar. Shouts erupted making you turn back looking down as well as D/N to the Scouts and your friends who were screaming at you to drop ''Y/N drop now!'' Armin screamed up to you motioning to your side, turning around you came face to face with a cannonball, eyes widening you heard D/N roar loudly before the cannonball hit you both with impact sending you both rocketing sideways off balance as you were thrown off roughly. D/N despite the excruciating pain he was experiencing flew to you and caught you enveloping you with his wings as you both hit the ground hard skidding for a few seconds.