Chapter 53: I Only Have Eyes for You

Thanks a lot ShanteSOspecial for another beautiful cover. I really appreciate it. 😊

And a big thank you to temmy_jazz for viewing and voting. I really appreciate it, girl. 😁💞

***

"OK, mom. I will be staying with a friend."

"Are you sure you don't want to come back home till everything has been resolved?" my worrying mother continued to ask.

"Yes, mom. I'll be fine." I answer, hoping it eased her worry a little.

"Your father will not like this one bit." she stated the obvious.

"I know but it's not my fault. They won't be shutting down the school anytime soon and I can't miss classes anymore."

"OK but which friend are you going to be staying with?"

This is where I lie.

"She's a close friend I just met here. She stays outside the school though."

I can't tell my mom I'll be staying with a guy let alone a boyfriend. She'll freak out.

"Hmm. Debo, I don't like this idea at all o."

"Mom, it's just till the whole investigation is over. Trust me, I'll be fine."

"Deborah."

"Ma."

"Deborah."

"Ma."

"Open your eye well o. I don't know this your friend but I know you. Please be safe o."

"Yes, ma."

"OK o."

"Please tell dad for me and try to convince him about this whole thing."

"I will try but you know your father."

"Please."

"I will try." she lets out a sigh, tiredly.

"Thanks mom."

"Bye-bye."

"Bye."

"Take care of yourself and eat well so you'll get better."

"Yes, mom. Take care too and my regards to my younger ones."

"OK. Bye."

"Bye."

And she hung up.

I put my phone down on my bed and let out a loud sigh.

I could hear voices from outside the room. Voices of the doctors and nurses and the voices of the two guys I'm stuck in between.

Why can't I make a final decision?

I got off the bed only to find out I was barefooted.

Where did my sandal go?

I look around the room but couldn't find it. On my way outside to ask the guys, I bump into a hard chest.

I look up to the owner to find Caleb's face, a small smile etched on his features.