Chapter 28: A Day Gone Wrong

I was sitting awkwardly inside Caleb's sitting room, on his couch.

Why is there another sitting room in here?

I could hear the shower running and my heart suddenly started pounding so fast. My mind  wanted to start imagining him naked in his bathroom before I immediately shook the thought off.

Caleb's a player and I should always remember that. We're just friends. It's not like anything can happen between us.

I took out my phone from my bag and turned on my data connection. Messages came flooding into my phone, especially from the group chat I was in with the girls.

Mond
Where the hell are you? 😠
16:54pm

Bel
You had better not be with Caleb. 😬
16:56pm

Anda
It's getting late. Aren't you done with your practicals yet? 😒
16:57pm

Mond
What's your business if she's with Caleb, Annabel?
16:57pm

Bel
It's getting late and Caleb is not the best company to be with at this moment. 😕
16:57pm

Mond
And how do u know that? Cos boyfriend Harry says so? 😒
16:58pm

Bel
Cos she barely knows him and Harry does. Better than she does.
16:58pm

Mond
I don't know if it's jealousy or what but you should really stop playing Judge here.
16:58pm

Bel
This isn't jealousy and why would I be jealous of her? I'm only being concerned about her and she should be concerned about herself too!
16:58pm

Anda
Girls, it's OK. Stop arguing already!
16:58pm

Nita
I tire o (I'm tired o).
16:58pm

"What are you reading?" Caleb's voice interrupted me and I quickly texted to the group chat:

I'll be back soon and yes, I'm with Caleb but don't worry. And please, don't fight!!!! 😬

Then send.

"The girls?" I heard him ask before slumping on the couch, beside me. He wore a sleeveless top and a Jordan trouser and he looked as charming as always. A bit wet but that only made him more attractive.

"How did you know?" I smiled at him, clearing my thoughts before putting my phone down.

"Your friends are more like your mothers and we both know how antsy mothers can get." he shrugged and I laughed.

"My mother? That's new." I continued to laugh and he just chuckled.

"So what should I get you? Water? Juice?" he asked, throwing a hand over the couch.

"Nothing. I'll be fine." I waved off his offer and he looked a bit hurt.

"Are you shy or you don't just trust me?" a frown played on his face and I chuckled at his expression.

"It's neither of the two. I'm just not thirsty."

To be honest, I was a bit shy and Trust? I don't know anymore.

"OK. If you say so." he raised his hands midair and stood up from the couch.
"So, what do you want to do?"

"Hmm." I looked up at him, a hand under my chin for a while.
"Well, for starters, I want to tell you how beautiful your place is."