Chapter 49: Unanswered questions

"I'll be back." I tell Bel and she nods.

I grab a sweater and pull it on, knowing it's a cold night outside.

When I reach the gate, I find Caleb instead.

"Hey." I smile and give him a hug. He wraps his arms around my waist and I rest my head on his chest, enjoying the comfort it gives me.

"Hmm." I mumble while listening to his heart beat rhythmically and I love it. It's calm and peaceful.

I love the smell of the perfume he's wearing. Not too much, just enough to get you breathing it in like it's the air you take in.

I also love the warmth his embrace emits that I don't want to move away from him and I'm happy he doesn't move away too.

"Looks like someone missed me." he says and I can tell he has his signature smirk on but I didn't care. I decide to let him enjoy the moment as long as I didn't let my worries take over.

"Dare says-"

"Ugh, he told you?" I groan and move out of his arms, the moment already ruined.

Don't tell me that boy doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut?

"Told me what?" he raises a brow, clearly confused.

"Oh. Nothing."

"Debby." he calls, his voice low yet demanding.

"Hey, where's Eric? He's the one that called so why are you the one here?" I immediately change the topic and thankfully, he goes with it.

"I told him to call you for me with his phone. Mine is charging at the hostel, in his room."

"Oh. OK."

"So, what's going on?" he takes my hand and we start to stroll away from the gate.

"With what?" I look up at him, quizzically.

"You've been acting strange lately."

"Like how?"

"You're never listening when anyone's talking. You always space out. Like you're in your own world, doing something else."

I let out a sigh tiredly then hold his arms and lean on it. I could feel he was starting to grow his biceps, making his arm stronger. They felt comforting, giving me an unbelievable sense of safety.

"Debby, what's wrong?" he calls, his voice calm and pleading.

"It's just- I'm just tired. That's all." I lie.

"Are you sure that's it?"

"Mm-hmm." I give a small nod.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" he whispers then stops walking.

I stop beside him and he he turns to face me and holds my hand, staring down into my eyes with his. With those eyes that had captivated mine since the first day I met him.

"Yeah. I know." I smile at him then flick his nose and his hands leave mine to his nose.

"Hey. What was that for?"

"You worry too much." I laugh.

"Cos you make me worry." he removes his hands from his nose and pockets them.

"Oh, so I'm the problem?" I raise a brow at him then cross my arms, shooting my hip out to one side.

"Yep." he taps my nose with a finger and I scowl at that.

"Don't do that again." I say as an order.

"Do what?" he taps my nose again, a grin playing on his face.