Chapter 20: A Moment With Amanda

"Well, that didn't go so well." Annabel muttered immediately we entered our room.

"Can you be serious for once?" I heard Amanda ask Annabel, clearly angry. But why? I turned from my bed to where Amanda was standing in Annabel's way.

"Excuse me?" Annabel furrowed her brows.

"Must you joke with everything?" Amanda went on to express her anger and I felt I needed to interfere but Diamond beat me to it.

"Amanda, calm down." She put a hand on Amanda's shoulder but Amanda heaved it off.

"No. Don't tell her to calm down. I want to hear what she's blabbing about." Annabel folds her arms, not ready to back down from this stupid argument anytime soon.

Yeah, it's stupid to me.

"All you ever do is joke. Why can't you ever be serious?!" Amanda's voice tuned up.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mrs. I'm-always-so-moody for not being like you!" Annabel yelled back with her hands by her side and her face in Amanda's.

"I am not always moody!" Amanda objected loudly.

"Sure." Annabel rolled her eyes and walked around Amanda.

"You girls should really calm down. I don't understand why you're fighting." I pleaded with them but it was like something had fired them up and that something didn't feel like leaving anytime soon.

"Tell it to Mrs. Too-Serious." Annabel slumped on her bed, her eyes on her phone.

"You better shut that your mouth." Amanda turned and growled at Annabel.

"Or what?" Annabel took her eyes off her phone and raised a brow at Amanda.

"I have had enough with you two! You girls are not going to start your own fight. I've seen two boys get bloody and I'm not about to watch my own friends grab each other's hair." Diamond interrupted whatever Amanda wanted to say.

What Diamond said should have just shut Amanda up but instead, it made her snap at Diamond.

"Sure, Mrs. Bossy. You must think you're so perfect when you're just a two-faced bitch who should be ashamed of herself for losing her virginity at this age!" Amanda yelled and everyone was taken aback.

Why was she all of a sudden mad at everyone? What has gotten into her?

"What is wrong with you today, Amanda?" I asked, confused just as everyone.

Amanda is one of the calmest person I know. She would never want to hurt anyone or speak against them. With one look at her, you can tell. But her ongoing actions were starting to give me a different impression of her.

"I'm just sick and tired of you all pretending like you're perfect, especially Diamond!"

"What are you talking about?" she was confusing me the more.

Was she mad at someone else and just taking it out on us? Whatever the case may be, she's starting to get on my nerves.

"I'm talking about how bad of a influence you all are and how you guys should drop the innocent looks. Even you Debby. Always playing the nice clueless girl." Amanda replied.

"And you think you're more innocent than we are?" Diamond finally spoke up and I tried to stop her but she held up her palm at me.

"What is making your head suddenly swell? Your bitchy attitude is really getting on my nerves, so you had better listen to me," Diamond moved closer with a finger pointed at Amanda.
"if you utter one more filthy word about me, Debby or even Annabel, I will smack the shit out of you. So you had better, pull yourself together." her voice sounded more threatening than my father's when he got mad. And that's really saying something.