Chapter 12: Don't shave my brows!

"Has anyone seen my white sneaker?" I ask while searching my wardrobe thoroughly. My clothes were sprawled out on my bed and my shoes were scattered on the floor just because of the stupid sneaker I was looking for.

Class starts in about 10 minutes and I was still in the hostel getting dressed.

Usually, the day before the next day, I always take my time to pick out what I'll wear but yesterday I totally forgot because the girls and I were chattering and now I'm paying for my sins.

"The shoe you love to wear almost all the time?" I hear Diamond ask.

Just like me, the other girls were in a hurry to get to class. We slept late and found it hard to get off the bed until Amanda shouted 'it's already 7!' We had all jumped out of our beds running from one end to other, getting ready.

"What do you mean by that?" I turn from my wardrobe to address Diamond's question which was more like a comment. A bad one.

"You wear that sneaker almost every day." she rolls her eyes and turn to her wardrobe.

"I do not!" I yell and turn to the others for support.

"I don't know what she's talking about." Amanda turns to her mirror hung on her wardrobe pretending to look at something that wasn't on her face.

Annabel just ignores me and starts whistling, her nose in the air.

"What?! You guys are taking her side?" I ask, incredulously but no one says a thing except Diamond who turns from her wardrobe with a pair of black heels in her hands.

"Change your footwear a bit. You're a girl." she nears my bed with her hands outstretched, the heels in her hands.

"No way. I hate heels." I turn away and bend to pick up one of my shoes as I plop down on my bed to wear it, still looking at Diamond.

"And I don't wear that sneaker all the time." I argue.

"You're literally putting on the same sneaker we're talking about." she points and I look down at the shoes I'm wearing.

"How did it get here?" I ask no one in particular, shocked as I kick the shoes off to wear another one.

"Come to think of it, why don't you use make up?" Diamond continues to bother me.

"cos I don't like to." I mutter loud enough for her to hear.

"Why?!"

"Cos I don't feel I should. Besides, I'm not trying to impress anyone." I state as I lace my shoes.

Except Eric.

"What is it with you people and your beliefs that girls put on makeup to impress anyone?!" Diamond interjects loudly.

"Isn't that why you put it on?" I glance at her before continuing to lace my shoes.

"No!" she lets out.
"I for one don't wear makeup to impress anyone. I wear it because I love it. It gives me an opportunity to see a different me while still looking beautiful." she explains but to be honest, none of what she's saying is being stored in my brain.

"Good for you." I reply and stand up from my bed to pack all the clothes scattered on my bed.

"I could show you a different side of you." she suggests and I catch her winking at me with a smirk.

"No. No. No. You're not touching my face, neither will I let you shave my brows." I state firmly and her brows furrow.

"Who said anything about shaving your brows?"