Chapter 47: Doubt

I apologize for the way I chipped in the fact that Eric was an only child.

(Eric being an only child bonded with my siblings like they were his.) would have been a better way to put it.

Anyways, read on!

***
It was getting hard to concentrate on both school and my life problems.

I was having more practicals and extra classes. The lecturers thought it would be best to cover up a lot before we went on our December break.

The school Authority would give us a week or two off during December to go home and celebrate with our families or friends.

One more day and November would be over. Christmas was coming and so was New Year. Soon, 2017 would be mistaken for 2018 when dating our notes but I was the least bit concerned about that.

Mond and I haven't seen eye to eye. I leave the hostel as early as possible to avoid getting in on a one on one with her and return when I know she won't be around and go to sleep when she's around.

I spent Saturday and Sunday after that Friday mostly with Caleb to avoid her too.

It might sound stupid but I don't know how to face her with all these doubt in me. I know I shouldn't believe anything that girl said but I can't help but start to connect dots that point out her words as facts.

The thought of it being a possibility somehow drives me crazy. If a person could be that corny for a whole month without one noticing, one should expect more from him/her.

"Debby." a voice calls and it was Caleb's. I look up to meet his concerned eyes searching mine for the reason for my thoughts.

"What's wrong?" he asks, seated across me.

We are at one of the Cafeteria, seated close to the window. There are four plastic chairs and a round plastic table in the middle. Eric is sitting on the chair beside me and Dare is sitting on the one beside Caleb.

We decided to eat before going back to the hostel but Harry left to meet someone.

Classes ended by 5:30 due to the extra class fixed by our MAT 101 lecturer. For a Math lecturer, he's pretty slow.

"You saw it too?" Eric mentions, but was asking Caleb. He then turns to me on his chair and I look at him.
"What's wrong?" he lowers his voice, giving it a deeper tone.

I stare back at him blankly for a while. I was snapped back to reality by Caleb's voice but a part of me was still thinking.

Everyone knows I'm dating Caleb now. Mond might know, I don't know cos I only told Anda, Bel and Nita.

Bel argued for a while with my decision, stating Caleb will forever be a player. I would have argued that with her and point out that Harry too is definitely a player but that would have lead to a heated argument and for now, I don't want that.

But, those feelings for Eric, I think they are still there. I like Caleb a lot and I thought dating him would be the key to losing my feelings for Eric completely instead, it heightened those feelings.

And that was not what I wanted.

"Dora." Eric almost yells and immediately my whole mind returns to reality.

"Sorry. Dare, I need to talk to you." I say and start to get up from my chair. I catch a glimpse of Dare's confused expression, knowing the others shared the same look with him.

Without another word, I leave the Cafeteria hoping Dare followed.

I walk away from the Cafeteria, putting enough distance to avoid Caleb and Eric's eyes. When I stop and look back, I find Dare behind me, his hands in his pockets.