Chapter 13: Dimples with a folded note

I'm 15 minutes late so I slip into one of the backseats in the class.

"Hey." a voice startles me and I whip my head to the owner of the deep masculine voice.

"Hey." I see it's Eric and I smile.

"Why are you late?" he whispers since the class is a lot quiet. The Math 101 lecturer teaching is a very strict man who despises disorderliness and noise which explains the dead silence.

"Woke up late. And you?" I whisper back as I open my bag to get my note.

"I'm not late."

"Then why are you seated at the back?" I glance at him before bringing out my note.

"Just don't want any attention." he shrugs and I stop to give him an incredulous look.

"YOU. Don't want attention? Since when do you not want attention?"

"Since I learned I'm the reason some girls come early to class. I want to focus on my books and become a better person in the society."

I roll my eyes. He was definitely lying. Anytime he started giving sensible speeches with an over exaggerated passion, it meant he was lying or hiding or running away from something.

"The Math lecturer hates you?" I figured with a straight smile.

Or someone.

"That man is obsessed with me." he admits and I snicker, trying not to disturb the class or get embarrassed like last time with my wristwatch.

Eric has always loved to stir trouble. One time, in High school, he defaced our Principal's white car with a black marker. He wrote:
'Stop cheating on your wife!' and when I asked him why he did that, he said he just wanted to see the look on our Principal's face.

The Principal got really mad when he found out it was our star student, Eric and punished him severely. Eric had to wash the whole toilet in the Secondary school building for two weeks and trust me that's the worse kind of punishment.

Although, funny enough, Eric was satisfied and said it was totally worth it.

"What did you do this time around?" I question as I start to date my note.

"That's the funniest thing. I didn't do anything."

I raise a brow and one side of my cheek in disbelief. He notices the look I'm giving him and pouts before deciding to confess.

He's so cute.

"Can you imagine? This morning, I was in class discussing global warming with this fine chick," he starts and I snicker.

"You were discussing what?"

"Global warming."

"Yeah, right."

Thankfully, our lecturer is much more focused on the people in the front seat to notice us at back.

"I'm serious." he defends.

"I know you are." I try to suppress my laugh.

"I'm not talking again." he folds his arms across his chest and leans back.

"Ahnahn, why na?"

"You think I'm lying." he huffs.

"Of course not. Why would I ever do that?" I place a hand on one of his muscles and the other on my chest.

He narrows his eyes at me before removing my hand from him while faking a disgusted look.

"Oya, sorry na." I grin.