Chapter 7: The Revelation

A/N: Want to dedicate this chapter to a friend, AdedoyinAyeni. She's the reason I decide to update my book. Her words made me rethink not continuing this book. So thank you, girlie. You did more than just comment, you encouraged me.

The week was already over and another had just begun.

It's a Sunday morning and I'm on my bed still wondering why Mariam would tell Eric that I said we are in a relationship.

Before today, I have been trying to explain to Eric that what he heard was a lie but obviously he doesn't want to hear from me and trusts Mariam more than he trusts me. I'm really hurt by this.

I've been trying to get to Mariam but she either hangs up on the ringing or she doesn't answer at all.

My phone rings in my hand and I turn it over and see the caller's ID: Dare.

"Hey."

"Hey, how are you feeling?" his voice holds so much concern for me and I'm touched that at least HE believes me.

"Just fine." I lie. I'm not fine at all. I keep trying to forget what happened that day but it keeps replaying in my head like a death scene from a movie.

Dare notices that I lied and say he knows I'm not.

"I'll be fine. Don't worry." I tell him.

"Meet me at the Relaxation Centre now." He tells me but it seemed more like an order. I sigh in defeat and reply an OK before he hangs up.

I put my phone down on the bed before letting my leg touch the floor. I walk over to my wardrobe and search for something simple and comfortable to wear.

With the other girls still sleeping on their beds, I leave the room as quietly as I can.

The Relaxation center is a bit far from the field, in an enclosed area. It was a large area covered mostly with trees which served as shades and there were fancy benches built under them. If you came out alone, very early, to have some peace and quietness, the relaxation center was the perfect place to be. But for now, it was filled with crazy students, chattering, taking selfies and eating.

I see Dare at a corner with a girl beside him on the bench. They seem to be really deep in their conversation and he has his hand over her shoulder.

I don't want to be the third wheel amongst them.

With that said, I turn back towards the hostel. I only walked a few steps before a hand grabbed my arm. I turn and see it's Dare. He must have seen me before I made up my mind to leave.

"Where are you going to? I called you out here, didn't I?" he raises a questioning brow before releasing my arm.

"You seemed busy." I nod at the girl he was talking to. She was still sitting on the bench but was now talking to another boy.

Lucky her. She gets all the cute boys.

"I called you, not the other way around." He tells me and takes my hand. We start to walk towards the girl he was talking with and I glance at the set of students making this place noisy.

Don't this people go to bed? It's just 8 in the morning and they're already outside making a hell of a noise.

He stops walking and I stop beside him and turn to the faces now staring at Dare and I.

"Anita, meet Deborah. Deborah, meet Anita." Dare introduces me to the girl. I notice she's just my height when she stood up to give me a welcoming hug with a 'nice to meet you' smile.