Chapter 37: Extra! Extra!!

Thank you ShanteSOspecial for this beautiful cover. I really really love it.😘

If you know you've got beautiful covers for me, don't hesitate to send. 😀
Preciousihemadu001@gmail.com

***

Day 8

ERIC'S POV

It hurt to see Dora cry. Her eyes had reddened due to all the tears she keeps letting out and it pained me to know I was part of the reason that was happening.

Mariam was starting to be a pain in the ass and I was starting to regret ever having anything to do with her. She seemed like a nice girl but as they say, Don't Judge a Book by its Cover. I guess it applies to negativities too.

Lately, my mind has been wandering to when I first saw Dora in Highschool. She was so beautiful in her purple gown, a white band laced around her waist and a nice pair of black flats.

She's never worn heels cos she could never walk in them. I laughed at the memory.

She caught my attention when she walked into the class and my heart surprisingly skipped a beat.

The practical was an opportunity to get closer to her and I took that opportunity before any other guy in class did. I was shy but I managed to work up the courage to ask her to be my girl for the practical. As weird as it sounded, she giggled at me but accepted.

Impressing her dad was a plus one I needed, to impress her.

Each day, I longed to tell her how I felt but she only saw me as a friend, so I stuck with that. As long as I got to see her smile, cry over the smallest things and play cute even without knowing it.

Mariam was a way to keep those feelings at bay or take it away for good. It was working till she started acting out. And now, I'm not sure of what I feel anymore.

Flirting was just a means to suppress whatever feelings remained.

These thoughts ran through my mind as I was on my way to Caleb's place to get to the bottom of all the nonsense happening lately.

"What's the deal between you and Charles?" I snapped at Caleb when I entered his apartment.

He was on his couch, his head between his hands before he looked up to where I was standing at the door.

"What do you mean?" he asked and I got a view of what Dora had told me. His face was bruised and a bit swollen, an ice pack in his other hand.

"I mean, what exactly is going on between you and Charles?" I moved closer and sat on the couch.
"Your story has so many portholes that you need to fill."

"I don't know what you're talking about." he said and I could tell he was lying. He got up from the couch, placing the ice pack on one cheek and I got up too and held his hand, turning him to me.

"If not for Dora, I'd be punching you but that doesn't mean I still can't hurt you another way so you had better speak up." I glared intently at him as I struggled to bottle up my anger.

I knew something was off about his story since the first day I talked to him but I didn't ask cos I thought I was just being overprotective of Dora.

Caleb let out an heavy sigh in defeat then slumped on the couch and I sat down too, waiting patiently for him to reveal whatever he was hiding from everyone.

"Charles and I go way back." he started to say and I wasn't that surprised because I already had my suspicion.

He went on to tell me he attended the same Junior Secondary School with Charles a few months after his parents got divorced. It was a boarding school and Charles was his senior who took pleasure in bullying him at any time, in any given place.