Chapter 50: A Jealous Best Friend

Thank you so much ShanteSOspecial for another beautiful cover. I really appreciate it. 😘💞

And thank you quackika20 for the view, votes and comment. What you said really made me smile.

Dedicating this chapter to you!

Enjoy!

***

I was getting dressed as fast as Bel was. I don't know why but she was in a hurry to leave the room so I decided to finish up as soon as she did and know what's going on before she gets to her class.

She picked up her handbag, her phone and left immediately. I hurried to put on my sneakers then grabbed my bag before leaving.

I ran down the hallway then out of the hostel before I caught up with her.

"Bel, wait up!" I yell but she doesn't stop walking, instead she hastens her pace and so do I.

"Bel!" I caught her arm and turned her to me.
"What's wrong with you? Why are you ignoring me?"

"Just let me be. Please." she releases her arm from my grip and turns to leave immediately.

I stood still, staring at her back as she walked away. The only thing I recognized in her eyes when she turned to me was fear and I couldn't tell if that was because of me or... Someone else.

"Debby!" someone calls from behind and I turn to find Anda behind me.
"Why did both of you run our of the room like you were being chased?" she asks, a little out of breath.

"Nothing." I turn and start to walk away. She follows, walking beside me.

"You both have been acting weird lately, especially you." she states, her voice laced with worry.

I don't want to tell her anything. I told Bel and now she doesn't want to talk me. Not only that, she looks like she has watched a million horror movies in one night.

"Debby." she calls and I just let out a sigh.

"I'll tell you but not now." I face her and give a reassuring smile which she nodded hesitantly to.

***
Since I crossed paths with that girl that day, I haven't seen her again and it's weird. It's like she never existed.

Am I just overreacting about this Mond issue or is this a normal behavior?

This is all so confusing.

"Debby!" a familiar voice whispers loudly into my ears and I turn immediately to meet the owner of the voice, Oyin.

"Tear a sheet of paper and write the questions down. Where are your ears for goodness sake?" she asks as she tears out a page from her note, clearly annoyed.

"Paper? For what?" I look around to notice that everyone was also tearing out a page from their notebook.

"Impromptu test." she informs me as she starts to write down her name on her paper.

"Test? Again? What about the one we wrote before?" I ask as I check my bag for a book I can tear from.

"Ask your teacher, not me." she tells me nonchalantly, her eyes at the lecturer who's asking if everyone's ready.

"Why? Why? Why?" I cry as I find a book and tear a page out of it.

The impromptu test won't have been much of a problem to me if it wasn't Chemistry.